Hi All,
I'm currently in the early stages of converting my VR V8 from a 4L60E to a T5.
I've purchased a 082 ECM from a factory VR T5 so the speed sensor/lean cruise etc will work. I'd like to retain my auto wiring harness as the car has a shaved/smoothed engine bay and all the wiring has been extended/rerouted around the guards etc. Ideally I'll just hide the 4L60 plug in the trans tunnel in case I ever decide to go back to auto one day.
A few things I'd like to know from the wiring/ECM gurus please.
I know the plugs that go into the PCM need to be trimmed slightly to fit in the connectors of the manual ECM. Is that all I'll need to do in terms of ECU end wiring? I believe I also need to bridge the neutral safety switch wires on the auto harness or will that not be needed with the manual ECM?
I've got an NVRAM that I'll be using to convert my map over from 11p to 12P for the manual ECM.
I was hoping someone could tell me if the wiring pinouts of the rest of the sensors etc for the engine are the same between the Auto PCM and the manual ECM, aka TPS, MAP, IAC, relays etc. And whether I'll need to change any of the wiring for the speed sensor for the T5 at the ECU end (I know I'll need to likely change the plug at the speed sensor).
Any advice would be great from those that have done this conversion before.
T5 Conversion - 424PCM to 082ECM
-
someguy360
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:24 am
- cars: VR 355
-
delcowizzid
- Posts: 5709
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
- Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
- Location: Wellington NZ
Re: T5 Conversion - 424PCM to 082ECM
Lots of wires to swap in the ecu plugs
viewtopic.php?t=102&start=20
viewtopic.php?t=102&start=20
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
-
someguy360
- Posts: 51
- Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:24 am
- cars: VR 355
Re: T5 Conversion - 424PCM to 082ECM
Thanks mate
I don't mind swapping the pins around on the plugs, it'll still be easier than making an entirely new loom for the thing.
Thanks for the info, I'll just now need to work out the differences between your list there with the DFI and the V8 ones for the ignition module/distributor etc.
I don't mind swapping the pins around on the plugs, it'll still be easier than making an entirely new loom for the thing.
Thanks for the info, I'll just now need to work out the differences between your list there with the DFI and the V8 ones for the ignition module/distributor etc.