Possibly Damaged ECU

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by vlad01 »

Sounds like the ADX is wrong or corrupt. Try downloading a new copy.

I once loaded the wrong one and the data was all over the shop as you describe.
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Well made progress swapped in another ecu and the logger is doing the same. I think my ALDL cable has taken a shit and was all a coincidence and that’s probably why I couldn’t get the wb2 to log as it wasn’t connecting properly.
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

vlad01 wrote:Sounds like the ADX is wrong or corrupt. Try downloading a new copy.

I once loaded the wrong one and the data was all over the shop as you describe.
Problem is that adx had been working fine previously.
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Well tried a envyous ALDL cable and couldn’t even get it to connect. My EBay one connects but data is corrupt. Different ecu same, logging without the ostritch same. It’s very strange was working perfectly then took a shit. Will try downloading adx again and see but I’ve tried all the ones from the 12p file and all do the same thing. A strange phenomenon indeed.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by delcowizzid »

When you connect what is the hertz displayed down the bottom of the tunerpro screen and is there any comms errors counted down the bottom
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

delcowizzid wrote:When you connect what is the hertz displayed down the bottom of the tunerpro screen and is there any comms errors counted down the bottom
I will have a look tomorrow, going to uninstall all drivers and re install the envyous ones and see what I find. At this stage I’m thinking it’s more a laptop error and something isn’t happy. Has made my task on the dyno very time consuming. Car runs and drives great but want to get the fueling a bit better.
jmsmotorsport
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55 am
cars: VY SV8, VP SENATOR 5000i, VW Tiguan

Re: Possibly Damaged ECU

Post by jmsmotorsport »

Fixed, turned echo on and all came good. Not sure what changed or how it changed.