Overboost protection

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
h4x0r
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Overboost protection

Post by h4x0r »

Is it possible to have overboost protection?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Overboost protection

Post by vlad01 »

With flex output I don't see why not.
h4x0r
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Re: Overboost protection

Post by h4x0r »

Makes sense, use a flex output to cut spark/fuel.

Might be wise to drop the timing right down on overboost cells also
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Overboost protection

Post by vlad01 »

There is a malf code for over boost iirc, just it not setup as default. So you could set a check engine light for overboost as well.
h4x0r
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Re: Overboost protection

Post by h4x0r »

vlad01 wrote:There is a malf code for over boost iirc, just it not setup as default. So you could set a check engine light for overboost as well.
Thanks for the tip!
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8550
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Overboost protection

Post by vlad01 »

In 12P btw, not sure if others have this.