Overboost protection
-
h4x0r
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Overboost protection
Is it possible to have overboost protection?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Overboost protection
With flex output I don't see why not.
-
h4x0r
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Re: Overboost protection
Makes sense, use a flex output to cut spark/fuel.
Might be wise to drop the timing right down on overboost cells also
Might be wise to drop the timing right down on overboost cells also
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Overboost protection
There is a malf code for over boost iirc, just it not setup as default. So you could set a check engine light for overboost as well.
-
h4x0r
- Posts: 89
- Joined: Tue May 17, 2016 1:01 pm
Re: Overboost protection
Thanks for the tip!vlad01 wrote:There is a malf code for over boost iirc, just it not setup as default. So you could set a check engine light for overboost as well.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8550
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Overboost protection
In 12P btw, not sure if others have this.