The1's Daily

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

They wanted me to post it back which i have and they are going to get the set replaced with what it should be, the seller agreed, so im waiting to hear back.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

Good to hear.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

Got replacement back today.. Back to 2 piece sprocket
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

Some of the stock pics on ebay for these show 2 piece as well, none of them showed 1 piece like the first one you got.

Let us know how it fits the oil pump.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

First kit I had was 2 piece and was fine, I have the mace thinner pump gear cover
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

yeah a lot of people overlook the oil pump cover and grind the chain on the cover. I used the mace machined cover on mine and there was ample clearance after that.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

You can use different gaskets to, I think zzp at one point had a few different thickness's
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

I don't have that choice. Having only pre-eco engines I only have access to either NOS or standard paper gaskets which are all standard thickness. They are different to ecotec.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: The1's Daily

Post by immortality »

Double up the gasket?
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: The1's Daily

Post by vlad01 »

Just use the machined oil pump cover and call it done than doing a dodgy of double gaskets.