Group buy- sort of! interested?

EPROM EEPROM SRAM NVRAM Flash chips, reading/writing hardware and software
hatchssv8
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
Location: Melbourne

Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by hatchssv8 »

Looking at purchasing some flash memory IC (SST27SF512) from Moates in the states. they are US$5 each, but US$28 postage.

All up, about AUD$35 delivered to Victoria, Australia

Is there anyone in Melb that is looking to buy these chips. we could buy together and the just mail them locally when the get to Aus

Let me know
jca
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:14 am
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by jca »

Hi, i normally buy them in lots of $10, don't think postage is ever that dear, i might need more how many u need. regards Jason
hatchssv8
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
Location: Melbourne

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by hatchssv8 »

I need 2

I was just on the site, and for 2 plus postage it quotes US$38.95
ToyHicko
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:51 am
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car
Location: Coffs Harbour, Australia

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by ToyHicko »

Why not just buy them from Futurlec

http://www.futurlec.com.au/index.jsp

They are $1.78 ea and I'm sure postage will be cheaper
User avatar
Holden202T
Posts: 10435
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
Location: Tenambit, NSW

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by Holden202T »

yeah thats where i get mine from!
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by VK_3800 »

I tried buying some from Futurlec and after 6+ weeks of waiting and no responses to my enquiries they finally told me that were no longer available... cheap if you could get them though
User avatar
Jayme
Posts: 2585
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 pm
Location: North Coast, NSW

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by Jayme »

I get mine from egay, got a pack of 14 posted to me for $20 bucks. onto my last 3 now :P
js1973
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:23 am
cars: wh statesman

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by js1973 »

I bought some new off ebay and they didn't work but i got a refund bad batch apparently.
Then i bought 10 used ones from another seller that tried and tested them haven't had a problem.
hatchssv8
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 am
cars: Holdens 66, 76, 77, 90, 05
Location: Melbourne

Re: Group buy- sort of! interested?

Post by hatchssv8 »

VK_3800 wrote:I tried buying some from Futurlec and after 6+ weeks of waiting and no responses to my enquiries they finally told me that were no longer available... cheap if you could get them though

I had the same thing happen at Futurlec.......awaiting refund

I am currently trying to get some for about $4AUD delivered. If this comes through, I will keep two and sell the rest to recover my costs. Lets see what happens