Has already been suggested, twicevlad01 wrote:Hunting is almost always caused by a lean or rich spot in the VE table around where it idles causing a feedback loop.
Rather than stuffing around trying to band aid the issue, get a wideband sensor, NVRAM and comms and load up 12P and make a proper tune to suit.
VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
Are you offering your services to do this for me? I have no clue what you are talking about. Mechanically I’m ok. Electronically I’m a waste of space.vlad01 wrote:Hunting is almost always caused by a lean or rich spot in the VE table around where it idles causing a feedback loop.
Rather than stuffing around trying to band aid the issue, get a wideband sensor, NVRAM and comms and load up 12P and make a proper tune to suit.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
DoubleNzer wrote:Are you offering your services to do this for me? I have no clue what you are talking about. Mechanically I’m ok. Electronically I’m a waste of space.vlad01 wrote:Hunting is almost always caused by a lean or rich spot in the VE table around where it idles causing a feedback loop.
Rather than stuffing around trying to band aid the issue, get a wideband sensor, NVRAM and comms and load up 12P and make a proper tune to suit.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
Love your work Nzer. You are gold
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
Where abouts are you located?
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
New Zealand.vlad01 wrote:Where abouts are you located?
I’ve tried approaching Delcowizzid but I think he is too busy. Busy time of year I guess.
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
I’ve given this ago time see if the theory works. So far so good. I’ve just run out of fuel so tomorrow I will persevere some more.'quipt4it wrote:It looks like you can either block the air going in, or the air exiting the block. Maybe work on the exit. 10mm looks ideal. Get a piece of al. round stock, cut it short enough so it doesn't foul the end of the pintle and so it just tucks inside the mounting face to the manifold. Then just dial in with a drill bit how much air you need to bleed in. Actually, the shorter the better, less drilling lol. Plus you want to loctite and stake it in. Plus for added insurance, make the gasket diameter smaller than 10mm.
Do you think I can work on the same ratio for the atmosphere side as the plenum side? So if I have to halve the size of the hole on the atmosphere side that I will have to halve the size of the hole one the plenum side.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
I was thinking do the other end.
Tonight, when I get some time I will sketch it up in notepad. You are on the right track, but the hole still looks too large.
I am thinking a hole in the range of 3mm.
Tonight, when I get some time I will sketch it up in notepad. You are on the right track, but the hole still looks too large.
I am thinking a hole in the range of 3mm.
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
Yea I want to do the block end like you suggested. Just want to test the theory. The block end will work better with the steps of the IAC I’m sure.'quipt4it wrote:I was thinking do the other end.
Tonight, when I get some time I will sketch it up in notepad. You are on the right track, but the hole still looks too large.
I am thinking a hole in the range of 3mm.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
Drawing added
Or you could drill and tap etc.
Or you could drill and tap etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.