Looks like mission accomplished!
VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
Received a PM from a very happy camper last night.
Looks like mission accomplished!
Looks like mission accomplished!
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
Just for the record I did try a factory manual VN V8 memcal and ecm.
The car was doing the exact same thing. So I didn’t bother perusing any further going down that route.
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
Did you get my PM a while back?delcowizzid wrote:Tps is far too high 0.5is nearing the limit before it won't reset tps to 0 and enter idle mode.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw High Idle Issue
delcowizzid wrote:Tps is far too high 0.5is nearing the limit before it won't reset tps to 0 and enter idle mode.
I thought I would bring this up since it has surfaced above.'quipt4it wrote:Yes, I thought that would lower the WOT TPS output.
Did you test yet?
Just measured 0.84v closed/ 4.36v open on mine. The range is similar. Maybe bump it up a tad?
0.84v at idle, still coming up as 0v on TP dash (list view). OK for idle mode.
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
Yep mine is now very similar reading at idle.
-
Nzer
- Posts: 102
- Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
- cars: VL Walkinshaw
- Location: New Zealand
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
Thought I’d take the cover of the Walkinshaw memcal (last 2 photos) and see if anyone could tell me any more about it?
First photo is of another memcal I have that is supposed to be a 215kw tune for a banana manifold. For comparison.
First photo is of another memcal I have that is supposed to be a 215kw tune for a banana manifold. For comparison.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
Maybe try the memcal ID tool
Kojab (member) is a bit of a gun when it comes to I.D'ing these things.
PM or just wait till he chimes in?
Kojab (member) is a bit of a gun when it comes to I.D'ing these things.
PM or just wait till he chimes in?
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
ID tool says its based on the $5D code like the early VN, There is mention of a service fix for idle and surging late in the $5D production run for both V6 and V8, around 1991.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
You could try BAYA 7003 VN group A tune which is based on the later $DB code and says it has a service fix for idle.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues
Have you compared it to the Torque Chip jobbie?