VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

immortality wrote:Where about in NZ are you?
East Coast of the North Island.
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

'quipt4it wrote:Did you see this?
I was going to send the link while the auction was going but you might have lightened your wallet a 'lil.
Says best in OZ (not NZ), he must know of yours :lol:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HDT- ... 7675.l2557
scroll down page a bit...
That’s a pretty big call to state that claim. :silent:
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by immortality »

Nzer wrote:
immortality wrote:Where about in NZ are you?
East Coast of the North Island.
I thought maybe you were in the Auckland region for a minute, or a little south of Auckland been about 7 hours from Delco.
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

immortality wrote:
Nzer wrote:
immortality wrote:Where about in NZ are you?
East Coast of the North Island.
I thought maybe you were in the Auckland region for a minute, or a little south of Auckland been about 7 hours from Delco.
Auckland to Wellington is around 9hrs drive. I’m 6.5hrs from Auckland.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by 'quipt4it »

Nzer wrote:
'quipt4it wrote:Did you see this?
I was going to send the link while the auction was going but you might have lightened your wallet a 'lil.
Says best in OZ (not NZ), he must know of yours :lol:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-HDT- ... 7675.l2557
scroll down page a bit...
That’s a pretty big call to state that claim. :silent:
Yep, plus he hasn't seen yours :lol:
User avatar
Nzer
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 pm
cars: VL Walkinshaw
Location: New Zealand

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by Nzer »

My iPhone photos hide thousands of sins.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by 'quipt4it »

There was also this not long ago https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-20007368 ... it-genuine
As well, last auction was a manifold kit plus a 6 speed (combined).
These things are like gold (maybe better).
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by immortality »

I was offered a Grp A manifold over a decade ago for $3k and turned it down :(
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by 'quipt4it »

immortality wrote:I was offered a Grp A manifold over a decade ago for $3k and turned it down :(
lol/ ouch
The link to the other item above... https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-10050257 ... up-a-parts
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by vlad01 »

There is a guy making repro group A manifold, last I heard he just made his first batch. Also made LS adapter plates to be able to fit LS as well.