VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by vlad01 »

I thought as much, just a shit tune huh?

Did you use 12P or the factory code?
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by delcowizzid »

12p of course haha it had maybe a factory vl walk tune I'm guessing the factory eprom stickers were not quite the same back in the day or it was an ebay special with a close to stock appearing sticker over it lol. I pulled it and socketed it and fitted a winbond eeprom to fit 12p
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: VL Walkinshaw Build Electronic Issues

Post by vlad01 »

I found the later codes including 12P to handle idle much better than the early ones, a lot of the early ones had service fixes for idle issues anyway.