VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

if your able to no stress.

I think i know what the pin skipping issue is, will make a change in the next version.
jxx
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
cars: To many
Location: Vic

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by jxx »

Gave it a crack with vxdiag on bench.
Tried 100ms @ 1000 (pin is 1111), it went straight past it.
Tried 250ms started @ 0, pin was found and reset.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

OK so I tried with enabling debug with the MDI & it fails to connect... comes up with error J2534-Sharp or something & then says press any key to exit so if I try save anything it shuts down... not sure where debug goes?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I'm wondering if I have to put that J2534-Sharp.DLL anywhere, I double clicked on it & seemed to do something but just have left that dll file where the program is running from.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

The DLL included in the zip file with the program just needs to be in the same directory.

debug mode just enables extra info on the screen. If the error was J2534-Sharp then it had issues connecting with DLL to the cable. I dont have an MDI to test with unfortunately.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

ahh all good, I'll just go back to the tactrix for testing, unless there's anything else you want me to test with MDI.

I do have another MDI here but it's USB connector is all screwed on the PCB & been meaning to make time to fix it, I can send it your way if you want to have a play & when finished can just send it back.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

Might be an idea, saving me buying one!
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by julespatch »

It's connected with the mdi2 first go. Set it at 250 and it's doing it's thing. I don't know what the code is here so let's see what happens. Nice one
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by julespatch »

Ran thru the entire way but didn't get it.
Trying 500ms
Got the same result. Will try with Tactrix
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool

Post by The1 »

I think it should be fixed now, ive uploaded v1.2.

I think the problem was if the ECU issued A4 security timer lockout it didn't actually try that pin, so i have it unlocking the timer now and retrying that pin.