if your able to no stress.
I think i know what the pin skipping issue is, will make a change in the next version.
VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool & PIM Relink
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
-
jxx
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:47 am
- cars: To many
- Location: Vic
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
Gave it a crack with vxdiag on bench.
Tried 100ms @ 1000 (pin is 1111), it went straight past it.
Tried 250ms started @ 0, pin was found and reset.
Tried 100ms @ 1000 (pin is 1111), it went straight past it.
Tried 250ms started @ 0, pin was found and reset.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
OK so I tried with enabling debug with the MDI & it fails to connect... comes up with error J2534-Sharp or something & then says press any key to exit so if I try save anything it shuts down... not sure where debug goes?
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
I'm wondering if I have to put that J2534-Sharp.DLL anywhere, I double clicked on it & seemed to do something but just have left that dll file where the program is running from.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
The DLL included in the zip file with the program just needs to be in the same directory.
debug mode just enables extra info on the screen. If the error was J2534-Sharp then it had issues connecting with DLL to the cable. I dont have an MDI to test with unfortunately.
debug mode just enables extra info on the screen. If the error was J2534-Sharp then it had issues connecting with DLL to the cable. I dont have an MDI to test with unfortunately.
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
ahh all good, I'll just go back to the tactrix for testing, unless there's anything else you want me to test with MDI.
I do have another MDI here but it's USB connector is all screwed on the PCB & been meaning to make time to fix it, I can send it your way if you want to have a play & when finished can just send it back.
I do have another MDI here but it's USB connector is all screwed on the PCB & been meaning to make time to fix it, I can send it your way if you want to have a play & when finished can just send it back.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
Might be an idea, saving me buying one!
-
julespatch
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
It's connected with the mdi2 first go. Set it at 250 and it's doing it's thing. I don't know what the code is here so let's see what happens. Nice one
-
julespatch
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
Ran thru the entire way but didn't get it.
Trying 500ms
Got the same result. Will try with Tactrix
Trying 500ms
Got the same result. Will try with Tactrix
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: VZ V6 E55 ECU Brute Force Reset Tool
I think it should be fixed now, ive uploaded v1.2.
I think the problem was if the ECU issued A4 security timer lockout it didn't actually try that pin, so i have it unlocking the timer now and retrying that pin.
I think the problem was if the ECU issued A4 security timer lockout it didn't actually try that pin, so i have it unlocking the timer now and retrying that pin.