First time user aldl kit

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Hi guys,

Got USB plugged into laptop, downloaded and installed a usb driver for the aldl cable (maybe I got the wrong driver off the net)

Looks installed in device manager.
But get the error message in photo provided.

Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Charlescrown »

Where did you get the cable? It's been a long time but I am sure mine just worked straight up.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

Did you do the auto or manual install on the driver. Try using the alternative auto/ manual install. You may need to do a manual install.
Make sure you have used the correct driver for your machine's O.S.
Try unplugging and re-installing the plug into connector/s and restart TunerPro.
Did you download from here:
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Charlescrown wrote:Where did you get the cable? It's been a long time but I am sure mine just worked straight up.
Hi

I got my cable from Gareth on here (pcmhacking).
I'm a bit further ahead now, the plugin file needed to be installed, so i've done that. Hopfully later on today ill see if i can connect to the car. Bad weather here now..

Cheers
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Hi group

I'm at this stage as I type this. I now can see I'm in com3 in Ports in device manager.
And have made that adjustment in configure plug-in component.

I still thinks there's more to do?
I try connecting to the car from tunerpro RT and it's sits on DA connecting...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

Do this next...
(You look to be using OSE Plugin v1.80)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

Is this correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by 'quipt4it »

Looks good :thumbup: Tick 'Detect Hardware At Startup'
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Sun May 30, 2021 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

hopfully it will work, as in connect...
Ill try it now, 2mins
Pete30nz
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:32 am
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive
Location: Christchurch, NZ

Re: First time user aldl kit

Post by Pete30nz »

I'm getting over this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.