Got it, posted it I thought but it's not showing up..
GMlan algo 0x96..
Had the seed wrong.. It's not the 2 bytes right after the key.. it's the next 2 bytes after that.. Once that was figured out it was fairly easy.. lol
I actually went thru the reversion test using the seeds but that failed so I tried searching with one of the keys and made a list of possible seeds, then started looking at hex files, bingo!!!
we just had the seed wrong..
works for 4 of the 4 files VX L67 Getrag has so I'm thinking it's good. Now to message my buddy and see if he still has a use for anything I can come up with, think he's already got it resolved though..
2012 Captiva 2.4L E37 SW 12647468 MANUAL ORI(Key=9CFE Seed is actually F9EF)
2008 Chev Cobalt manual 2.2L(key-7B11 seed is actually 54B1)
2008 Chevrolet HHR manual 2.2L(Key-8970 Seed is actually 377D)
2009 Chev Cobalt manual 2.2L(Key-86B2 Seed is actually 7725)
Gatecrasher, now it's your turn.. lmao.. either post up the file you have or send it to me, I wanna keep up the wins!!!
E37 Ecu
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
Re: E37 Ecu
Hi all;
Are all of these Ecotec motors?
What year did they start using this controller? I know the Ecotec first came out in the Grand AM in 2002, since the 2001 I have has the 2.4L Twin Cam LD9 motor.
There are a number of these cars/motors in the local salvage yard near where I live that I may be able to get for next to nothing.
Mike
Are all of these Ecotec motors?
What year did they start using this controller? I know the Ecotec first came out in the Grand AM in 2002, since the 2001 I have has the 2.4L Twin Cam LD9 motor.
There are a number of these cars/motors in the local salvage yard near where I live that I may be able to get for next to nothing.
Mike
-
VX L67 Getrag
- Posts: 2971
- Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
- Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria
Re: E37 Ecu
Ahh crap sorry about the bum steer guys, I assumed it was those next group of bytes... that old saying never assume it will make an ass out of u & me!
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: E37 Ecu
Not a problem, glad you tried to help.. your files are what got me to figure it out as I couldn't find a good one online.. I'd still be stuck so thanks!!VX L67 Getrag wrote:Ahh crap sorry about the bum steer guys, I assumed it was those next group of bytes... that old saying never assume it will make an ass out of u & me!
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: E37 Ecu
I now have myself a bench E37 to play with, way things are going it's at the bottom of my list but I've got it!!!
-
FriskyDingo
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Re: E37 Ecu
If you get the seedkey figured out could power pcm flasher be used to read and write these ecu's?ironduke wrote:I now have myself a bench E37 to play with, way things are going it's at the bottom of my list but I've got it!!!
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: E37 Ecu
I have very serious doubts that the kernel written for the E38 and E67 ecu would work with the E37 ecu.. I do not have the knowledge of the internals but I doubt they are close enough to work, I think if they were it would have already been discussed at length..FriskyDingo wrote:If you get the seedkey figured out could power pcm flasher be used to read and write these ecu's?ironduke wrote:I now have myself a bench E37 to play with, way things are going it's at the bottom of my list but I've got it!!!
-
FriskyDingo
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Re: E37 Ecu
I managed to find this picture of an E37 not sure how much help it is.ironduke wrote:I have very serious doubts that the kernel written for the E38 and E67 ecu would work with the E37 ecu.. I do not have the knowledge of the internals but I doubt they are close enough to work, I think if they were it would have already been discussed at length..FriskyDingo wrote:If you get the seedkey figured out could power pcm flasher be used to read and write these ecu's?ironduke wrote:I now have myself a bench E37 to play with, way things are going it's at the bottom of my list but I've got it!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
FriskyDingo
- Posts: 38
- Joined: Tue May 18, 2021 8:11 pm
Re: E37 Ecu
Here's a better pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Holden202T
- Posts: 10435
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:05 am
- Location: Tenambit, NSW
Re: E37 Ecu
that looks very similar inside to my E83 ....
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower! 
Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread

Just starting out? Have a read of the getting started guide
Basic tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread
Advanced tuning of a delco ECM with $12P thread