Standard Oil Change.
Little workshop of horrors
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Little workshop of horrors
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Little workshop of horrors
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Little workshop of horrors
Me: did you over rev it? Owner: no way, it doesn't go past the limiter. Me: FFS
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Little workshop of horrors
Is that a thing with LS engines?
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Little workshop of horrors
That's gunna end up bad.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Little workshop of horrors
Looks like at has already had a few $$$ spent on it, what's a few more?
I thought everyone went with doubles so it wouldn't drop the valve...
I thought everyone went with doubles so it wouldn't drop the valve...
-
Charlescrown
- Posts: 2076
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
- cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes - Location: Padstow NSW
Re: Little workshop of horrors
I'm sure that valve has gone to make love with a piston.
Oh and I love that beaut green oil. So rich in colour.
Oh and I love that beaut green oil. So rich in colour.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Little workshop of horrors
Looks like the rocker broke and what stub of it was left hit the retainer and popped the collets out.
-
Chuff
- Posts: 269
- Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
- Location: Melbourne
Re: Little workshop of horrors
Don't forget to change the engine oil in the cooling system. 
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Little workshop of horrors
To clarify, the rockers are both broken with bent/broken valves below them.
The valve that came loose is missing the head of the valve as I can pull the stem to the bottom of the guide...
The valve that came loose is missing the head of the valve as I can pull the stem to the bottom of the guide...
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...