Little workshop of horrors

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by The1 »

Standard Oil Change.
RDT_20210621_2204144205653324964637629.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by vlad01 »

fine.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Gareth »

Me: did you over rev it? Owner: no way, it doesn't go past the limiter. Me: FFS :think:
0857953C-B909-4F1B-B95F-130AD00A7FD6.jpeg
18DA6B66-1034-4884-8C1B-0DC3D3A24CBB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by vlad01 »

Is that a thing with LS engines?
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Charlescrown »

That's gunna end up bad.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by immortality »

Looks like at has already had a few $$$ spent on it, what's a few more?

I thought everyone went with doubles so it wouldn't drop the valve...
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Charlescrown »

I'm sure that valve has gone to make love with a piston.
Oh and I love that beaut green oil. So rich in colour.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by vlad01 »

Looks like the rocker broke and what stub of it was left hit the retainer and popped the collets out.
Chuff
Posts: 269
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Chuff »

Don't forget to change the engine oil in the cooling system. :thumbup:
˙ʎɐqǝ ɟɟo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ǝsǝuıɥɔ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹoɟ ʇɥƃıɹ ǝɯ sǝʌɹǝs
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Little workshop of horrors

Post by Gareth »

To clarify, the rockers are both broken with bent/broken valves below them.

The valve that came loose is missing the head of the valve as I can pull the stem to the bottom of the guide... :?
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...