253 V8 carby selection

For non EFI mechanical discussion
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

I don't know if it worked (oil gauge) :think: I remember speedo worked, fuel and temp and taco not sure on oil I think it did. I hooked up the oil light dash it's not the right one, high beams don't work both blinkers on also.

A few things I noticed hope it gives some hints. :thumbup:

With oil light gauge dash.
1. both blinker lights are dim when not in use and ignition off :wtf:
2. high beams don't work on dash :wtf:

With oil pressure gauge dash.
1. Drivers blinker on all the time with ignition off :think:
2. Dash light on with ignition off :think:
3. high beams work.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

I think either way there is a wiring cross-up.
See if you can't get hold of a wiring diagram.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

pictures opps blinker ignition off
blink ig off (1).jpg
Dash light, maybe because door light switches not attached?
blink ig off (2).jpg
'quipt4it wrote:I think either way there is a wiring cross-up.
See if you can't get hold of a wiring diagram.
The only wire I think I could have messed up is this wire, I had it labeled as reverse light because it was at the back of the engine bay and I could not see exactly where it popped off from, but after thinking it can't be as mentioned in earlier post when joined the 2 purple wires for the auto reverse would be on that loom right :think:
brown not reverse.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

I found this will it help? SSSHHHHH :silent: a wiring diagram :D I'm hopeless at wiring :?
wires.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

Hi Guy's found a full manual!

I don't have this wire my loom is a 6 says this oil pressure gauge is only for V8 hmmm :think: this has to be it maybe?
v8 dash I dont have this.PNG
v8 dash.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

more info on the wiring :thumbup: that manual is handy!!
wires.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

That's the auto wire that have been joined :thumbup:
auto wires joined.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'quipt4it
Posts: 675
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by 'quipt4it »

.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Madmatt2006
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT
Location: Katandra West

Re: 253 V8 carby selection

Post by Madmatt2006 »

the plug at the back of the motor, where one side was blue and the other purple the purple wire went to the purple wire on the instrument connector :think: