253 V8 carby selection
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I don't know if it worked (oil gauge)
I remember speedo worked, fuel and temp and taco not sure on oil I think it did. I hooked up the oil light dash it's not the right one, high beams don't work both blinkers on also.
A few things I noticed hope it gives some hints.
With oil light gauge dash.
1. both blinker lights are dim when not in use and ignition off
2. high beams don't work on dash
With oil pressure gauge dash.
1. Drivers blinker on all the time with ignition off
2. Dash light on with ignition off
3. high beams work.
A few things I noticed hope it gives some hints.
With oil light gauge dash.
1. both blinker lights are dim when not in use and ignition off
2. high beams don't work on dash
With oil pressure gauge dash.
1. Drivers blinker on all the time with ignition off
2. Dash light on with ignition off
3. high beams work.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I think either way there is a wiring cross-up.
See if you can't get hold of a wiring diagram.
See if you can't get hold of a wiring diagram.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
pictures opps blinker ignition off
Dash light, maybe because door light switches not attached?
The only wire I think I could have messed up is this wire, I had it labeled as reverse light because it was at the back of the engine bay and I could not see exactly where it popped off from, but after thinking it can't be as mentioned in earlier post when joined the 2 purple wires for the auto reverse would be on that loom right'quipt4it wrote:I think either way there is a wiring cross-up.
See if you can't get hold of a wiring diagram.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
I found this will it help? SSSHHHHH
a wiring diagram
I'm hopeless at wiring
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
Hi Guy's found a full manual!
I don't have this wire my loom is a 6 says this oil pressure gauge is only for V8 hmmm
this has to be it maybe?
I don't have this wire my loom is a 6 says this oil pressure gauge is only for V8 hmmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
more info on the wiring
that manual is handy!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
That's the auto wire that have been joined
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
'quipt4it
- Posts: 675
- Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:57 am
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
.
Last edited by 'quipt4it on Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-
Madmatt2006
- Posts: 373
- Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:48 am
- cars: VZ SVZ Commodore
VH Commodore
JZZ30 Soarer GTT - Location: Katandra West
Re: 253 V8 carby selection
the plug at the back of the motor, where one side was blue and the other purple the purple wire went to the purple wire on the instrument connector 