Inline 6 on a 0411 P59?

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Dylan »

That'll get multi coil working for sure.
All you need is a cam signal and can then have full sequential from there. Need a 50% duty cycle there. Maybe could modify the chopper wheel in the dissy for that? That tells it what bank is active in the code. It's all possible.
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Thorwon »

hsv08 wrote:Im looking at doing a similar setup but with an 0411 on a 304. Ill make up a 24 tooth reluctor and use the distributors cam sensor signal. Then it should in theory run like factory some what.
How are you mounting your injectors? I've seen press in injector cups for sale some where.

Or if you have a lathe you can make your own.

I'd like to see pics when you get it together.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Thorwon »

Well I got the reluctor made and mounted today.
A little more progress.
Can anyone tell me what the gap should be between the sensor and reluctor?
sensor resized.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
User avatar
turbo_v6
Posts: 513
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by turbo_v6 »

Since that isn't a stock trigger wheel and sensor setup you might have to test a range of distances. Ideally you would hook it up to an oscilloscope to see what gives the best wave form.

If you don't I would just try to get it somewhere in the 0.050" area and try it.
LS1 Boost OS Version 5 Available Here. For feature suggestions post in here Development Thread.
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Thorwon »

bubba2533 wrote:Since that isn't a stock trigger wheel and sensor setup you might have to test a range of distances. Ideally you would hook it up to an oscilloscope to see what gives the best wave form.

If you don't I would just try to get it somewhere in the 0.050" area and try it.
Thanks bubba, I'm going to try it at 0.045" that's where I've got it set for now. :punk:
Bad things happen FAST!!!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Dylan »

Is that a 3X wheel? Does that go to a module of some sort or straight to the ECU?
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Thorwon »

Dylan wrote:Is that a 3X wheel? Does that go to a module of some sort or straight to the ECU?
It is a 3x wheel and I'm using a stock sensor, so it goes straight to the ECU.

I'll be using GM style sensors and reluctors. That way I shouldn't need anything extra but the Ignition Control Module.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Dylan »

I'm sure you'll need a 6X signal for this
Thorwon
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche
Location: Commerce GA.

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by Thorwon »

Dylan wrote:I'm sure you'll need a 6X signal for this
Not on the crank. This will be the same signal that a 4.3l V6 has.
If I were building a dual trigger distributor, it would need a 6x reluctor to duplicate the crank signal.
Bad things happen FAST!!!
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?

Post by delcowizzid »

You also need a very solid bracket or it will vibrate and false trigger
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem