Ok, well done. Please keep us updated I can't wait to see it done.Thorwon wrote:Not on the crank. This will be the same signal that a 4.3l V6 has.Dylan wrote:I'm sure you'll need a 6X signal for this
If I were building a dual trigger distributor, it would need a 6x reluctor to duplicate the crank signal.
Inline 6 on a 0411 P59?
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Dylan wrote:Ok, well done. Please keep us updated I can't wait to see it done.Thorwon wrote:Not on the crank. This will be the same signal that a 4.3l V6 has.Dylan wrote:I'm sure you'll need a 6X signal for this
If I were building a dual trigger distributor, it would need a 6x reluctor to duplicate the crank signal.
Why would you think I would need a 6x crank trigger?
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
When I've done this with V8's using the distributor feedback. I run an 8X signal. So I assumed the V6 would be 6X.
That's with ECU in low res and no cam signal.
That's with ECU in low res and no cam signal.
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Well it runs pretty good for the first time I started it.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlzG2TspuE[/youtube]
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxlzG2TspuE[/youtube]
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Dylan
- Posts: 3364
- Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
- cars: VR Commodore V8
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
That's awesome man, keep going with it. And please keep us in the loop
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Dylan wrote:That's awesome man, keep going with it. And please keep us in the loop
Here's another video of it running.
I've still got a lot of wire clean up to do.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtRczCNffFw[/youtube]
Bad things happen FAST!!!
-
Tinker
- Posts: 112
- Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:37 am
-
TE27Levin
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:26 pm
- cars: 04 escalade
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
That is super cool!
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Very nice!
-
Thorwon
- Posts: 114
- Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
- cars: 2007 Hemi powered JKUR
1987 YJ
1955 CJ5
1988 MJ Comanche - Location: Commerce GA.
Re: Inline 6 on a 0411?
Well I've had to change up the distributor. When I installed it I didn't think about where in the crank rotation the sink signal was sent to the computer. I am getting a sink error.
I have no way to look at the signal so I'm guessing.
So I set the engine at TDC #1 and the reluctor was about 90 deg from the signal coil. I then rotated the distributor and reset the plug wires appropriately.
It idles much smoother and runs stronger.
This is a learning experience so I'm figuring it out as I go.
I guess I'm going to have to buy an oscilloscope. And then learn how to use it.
I have no way to look at the signal so I'm guessing.
So I set the engine at TDC #1 and the reluctor was about 90 deg from the signal coil. I then rotated the distributor and reset the plug wires appropriately.
It idles much smoother and runs stronger.
This is a learning experience so I'm figuring it out as I go.
I guess I'm going to have to buy an oscilloscope. And then learn how to use it.
Bad things happen FAST!!!