PCM Hammer P12 development
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Happy to help rip apart the GM kernel if you have that logged 
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
It would definitely be nice to have one ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
darkman5001
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
- cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
kur4o wrote:Inside of a 2003 l6 4.2 pcm.
Uses 1mb chip but bin is 512kb, There is also some slave file $C000 size.
It looks like the second part of chip [upper 512kb bytes] are referenced in code, but can`t be read from memory. Maybe shared with other cpu or bankswitched somehow. The slave is also loaded somewhere. Starting at $10000 but again couldn`t figure yet where it is in memory layout.
A real dump of full chip will help alot how memory is organized.
SLave ram is at 80 00 00 address.
It can take multipart flash routines if they are between ffa000 and ffe000.
main cpu ID is 10
slave ID is 17
It also can take some slave flash routine that is loaded at ff8xxx and is max $600 bytes long. But seems unused with factory tools. Maybe some underground equipment ready.
Reading of 512kb bin part is easy. The main difference between ls1 reading is the COP, needs to keep slave quiet.
bset #7 at ff800806
bclr #7 at ff800806
You know that is a P10 board right? I am still trying to get this P12 PCM opened up and see what's inside. I did post alot of information on the P10 earlier.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
So, I fixed up a test, Darkman5001 ran it on a P12, the results ...
It's happily getting along,
PLEASE correct me (and those next to come along) if I'm wrong.
Thought I would try losing the 'size' from the request and see what happens, thus making the request,
Any other suggestions ??
It's happily getting along,
Until it's not,[06:34:12:412] OSID: 12606400
[06:34:12:443] Ignoring chatter: 6C F0 10 68 00
[06:34:12:521] Unlock succeeded.
A breakdown for those that don't know what all the bytes mean ... At least that is what I think the last byte is on the RX, VPW Mode 34 error code ??[06:34:12:537] Sending upload request for kernel size 1190, loadaddress FFA000
[06:34:12:537] Requesting permission to upload kernel.
[06:34:12:537] TX: 6C 10 F0 34 00 04 A6 FF A0 00
[06:34:12:568] RX: 6C F0 10 7F 34 00 04 A6 FF A0 12
[06:34:12:568] Found response, Refused
PLEASE correct me (and those next to come along) if I'm wrong.
Thought I would try losing the 'size' from the request and see what happens, thus making the request,
Nothing to lose but time ...TX: 6C 10 F0 34 00 FF A0 00
Any other suggestions ??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1146
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
6C 10 F0 34
You need to send only this, after pcm is unlocked.
P12 have different memory layout. try loading at ffff2000
You need to send only this, after pcm is unlocked.
P12 have different memory layout. try loading at ffff2000
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
edit: Ignore this quote, see the following two posts!

Duh!And, 34 80 on the last ??
I'll worry about the address after getting past the request ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1146
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
You send this to enable mode 36
6C 10 F0 34
the response will contain 44 if succesfull.
Than send mode 36 00 for upload only and 36 80 for upload and execute[last message]
6C 10 F0 34
the response will contain 44 if succesfull.
Than send mode 36 00 for upload only and 36 80 for upload and execute[last message]
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
kur4o,
I humbly apologize, that was all my mistake ... I know the the steps, I guess I was having a brain fart!
I humbly apologize, that was all my mistake ... I know the the steps, I guess I was having a brain fart!
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1146
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Wait to see the craploading flash routine assembler.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Oh yea, Thank ya sir!
Busy ATM, I'll look later ... Thank you!
Busy ATM, I'll look later ... Thank you!
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!