PCM Hammer P12 development

They go by many names, P01, P10, P12, P59, E38, VPW, '0411 etc.
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

It is a beast ... 7782 bytes is what I have test ready. Shh, don't tell nobody, it's a full write kernel with write disabled.

Only one way to find out.

One thing is for sure, it ain't C4!
If it goes boom it ain't gonna kill anyone ...

I could put it on a asm diet if needed.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:mainly it just depends on how much ram its got, I think. thats a big beast, if its got 8kb usable... fingers crossed.
Is the ram internal or external on these Motorola chips?
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by antus »

I think 4kb of that is unused buffer space, but it still could be smaller.

ram is internal, flash is external, eeprom is non-existant - its a software implementation using both sram and flash, hence the shutdown procedure to write a new vin to flash.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

Nope, it's all code, the buffer is not in the resulting binary.

No point in transmitting empty space ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:I think 4kb of that is unused buffer space, but it still could be smaller.

ram is internal, flash is external, eeprom is non-existant - its a software implementation using both sram and flash, hence the shutdown procedure to write a new vin to flash.
ok,. well I couldnt work out what the actually starting offset is for the RAM, but its suppose to be 32Kbytes of SRAM (FASRAM). Which is huge.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Gampy
Posts: 2332
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Gampy »

I'm more worried about stepping on some important toes ...
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10016
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by antus »

yeah that, some of it is used as shared ram with other chips (the timer at least). if its 8kb of kernel then is plus 4kb of buffer. I think the P01/P59 are 16kb total so that leaves the top 4kb for shared memory. Could be wrong about that its been a while since I was poking around in there trying to figure it out. If this one has 32kb it should be fine in that regard.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:I'm more worried about stepping on some important toes ...
Theres important toes? :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:yeah that, some of it is used as shared ram with other chips (the timer at least). if its 8kb of kernel then is plus 4kb of buffer. I think the P01/P59 are 16kb total so that leaves the top 4kb for shared memory. Could be wrong about that its been a while since I was poking around in there trying to figure it out. If this one has 32kb it should be fine in that regard.
Im thinking it might be 32kb. If it can be uploaded at FFFF 2000... so... 32kb would be 0x8000.. so... FFFF A0 00??
Or.. if it starts from FFFF 1000 or even FFFF 0000.. this would make it FFFF 0000 to FFFF 8000.
Either way.. there should be alot of wiggle room from the 2000 offset??
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12

Post by Tazzi »

Gampy wrote:It is a beast ... 7782 bytes is what I have test ready. Shh, don't tell nobody, it's a full write kernel with write disabled.

Only one way to find out.

One thing is for sure, it ain't C4!
If it goes boom it ain't gonna kill anyone ...

I could put it on a asm diet if needed.
taps foot waiting.... :lol:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image