PCM Hammer P12 development
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Yup, I just sent a test without them, but we do need to see if we can find tidbits like that to verify files ... I'm sure in time we'll learn more.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Well, AA55 does appear in the bin at FFFF8 along with FFFF at that location.. soooo. maybe thats all it checks?
Id assume thats a "sanity check" to ensure its not all FF's or 00's. Then a checksum check ontop would verify its not corrupted.
Id assume thats a "sanity check" to ensure its not all FF's or 00's. Then a checksum check ontop would verify its not corrupted.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Yeah I would include that check at this point for those 4 bytes. Its not going to hurt, and might help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
I just used AA 55 ... Have tests out, will test this next round.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10016
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Yeah thats a good hardware test actually, AA55 would confirm all bits are toggling and in the right order so that would check that no address or data lines are stuck, and the flash is programmed. not foolproof, but reasonably sound for the simplicity. And only about 30 bytes of program space, and bugger all runtime.Tazzi wrote:Id assume thats a "sanity check" to ensure its not all FF's or 00's. Then a checksum check ontop would verify its not corrupted.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
The Signature detection is limited to AA55 starting at 0xFFFF8, hopefully time/understanding will prove up more.
If it should be expand to include the following FFFF, or whatever else please do so speak your mind!
Tazzi, I wasn't sure what you were meaning when you mentioned them ... They are also part of the Signature ??
File Checksum validation has been skipped, I have barely looked at the file yet, I do not know the file layout, let alone how to do the checksums for it.
Besides I don't do checksums ... It's math! I'll leave that to those that are smarter then I.
If someone has found the OsID somewhere other then at 0x800C, and hopefully in hex, I'd would appreciate that info.
It's ASCII Text at that location ... It's a bit more difficult to extract then integer values.
Test is out, we'll see if I've butchered it up enough ...
If it should be expand to include the following FFFF, or whatever else please do so speak your mind!
Tazzi, I wasn't sure what you were meaning when you mentioned them ... They are also part of the Signature ??
File Checksum validation has been skipped, I have barely looked at the file yet, I do not know the file layout, let alone how to do the checksums for it.
Besides I don't do checksums ... It's math! I'll leave that to those that are smarter then I.
If someone has found the OsID somewhere other then at 0x800C, and hopefully in hex, I'd would appreciate that info.
It's ASCII Text at that location ... It's a bit more difficult to extract then integer values.
Test is out, we'll see if I've butchered it up enough ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1146
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Os is at 8004 in hex.
Checksum are much more like e38-on type. You have a crc-16 and than a sum that also include the crc-16 one. SO it must be done in particular order.
Ranges can be taken from bin, read at specific address. Not a big deal but you need to add necessary changes to pcmhammer. There is also a boot block checksum 0-4000.
Checksum are much more like e38-on type. You have a crc-16 and than a sum that also include the crc-16 one. SO it must be done in particular order.
Ranges can be taken from bin, read at specific address. Not a big deal but you need to add necessary changes to pcmhammer. There is also a boot block checksum 0-4000.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Thank you!
That's scary, don't know how I missed that ...
I did look at what you did in xml for UP, couldn't decipher it, I moved on ...
That's scary, don't know how I missed that ...
I did look at what you did in xml for UP, couldn't decipher it, I moved on ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
kur4o
- Posts: 1146
- Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:20 am
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
It is some scripting, no wonder there is no hints.
If you have
@8022*3 means read 3 start-end ranges at address 8022
#4 means 04 bytes from start of segment.
If you have
@8022*3 means read 3 start-end ranges at address 8022
#4 means 04 bytes from start of segment.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: PCM Hammer fails on P12
Sorry, I must be dense, still to cryptic for me ...
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!