Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Programs / Tools / Scripts
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by antus »

yeah, im thinking that too, more likely a virtualisation problem than because its a mac, though the new m1 macs are a pain for x86 emulation, too. im not a mac expert but maybe running windows on it directly would help too. i have used a macbook pro for a lot of tuning stuff but I used bootcamp and ran win 10 on it native for that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

antus wrote:yeah, im thinking that too, more likely a virtualisation problem than because its a mac, though the new m1 macs are a pain for x86 emulation, too. im not a mac expert but maybe running windows on it directly would help too. i have used a macbook pro for a lot of tuning stuff but I used bootcamp and ran win 10 on it native for that.
I can’t use boot camp with my iOS version im pretty sure, there was a reason it didn’t work. I have the intel processor. But gets me is why does dps program fine, but the techline does not
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by julespatch »

Here you go. Win10 on VM Fusion, MBP Retina with Tactrix as the interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

That’s really great thanks for that!!

Mmm wonder why mine won’t work?

So I just discovered something maybe I need to drop can on different pins as per mongoose pro?
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by julespatch »

I used my old MBP with Windows VM's and dual boot until about a year ago and never had any issues. It only got replaced cos it died after 12+ years of proper battering and they are ridiculously priced compared to back then, plus USB-C only etc.
I dont have a Mongoose but Im fairly confident that's not your issue, its a Techline error.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

julespatch wrote:I used my old MBP with Windows VM's and dual boot until about a year ago and never had any issues. It only got replaced cos it died after 12+ years of proper battering and they are ridiculously priced compared to back then, plus USB-C only etc.
I dont have a Mongoose but Im fairly confident that's not your issue, its a Techline error.

Mmm yeah ok, wish I knew how to fix it pain dragging my desktop to the vehicle lol!

I have successfully used gds2 with the MacBook though and dps works.

Is there a driver I could swap from dps to techline?
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by antus »

From anecdotal evidence ive heard techline sps is a buggy piece of crap and some older installs have come out broken and needed manual fixes to get it going again. I think its possible if not likely that you just got unlucky and installed it on the wrong day and now you have a broken install. I reckon if you uninstall it, or even reinstall your vm environment and try again it might just start working. I still dont think its a mac problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
julespatch
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
Location: Adelaide

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by julespatch »

It's definitely not a Mac problem.
Make a new VM and start again.
User avatar
Tazzi
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
cars: VE SS Ute
Location: WA

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by Tazzi »

antus wrote:From anecdotal evidence ive heard techline sps is a buggy piece of crap and some older installs have come out broken and needed manual fixes to get it going again. I think its possible if not likely that you just got unlucky and installed it on the wrong day and now you have a broken install. I reckon if you uninstall it, or even reinstall your vm environment and try again it might just start working. I still dont think its a mac problem.
This right here... ^^^
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Image
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Sorry been busy with a new member of the family:) Anyway I will try a reinstall when I get time.