Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
yeah, im thinking that too, more likely a virtualisation problem than because its a mac, though the new m1 macs are a pain for x86 emulation, too. im not a mac expert but maybe running windows on it directly would help too. i have used a macbook pro for a lot of tuning stuff but I used bootcamp and ran win 10 on it native for that.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
I can’t use boot camp with my iOS version im pretty sure, there was a reason it didn’t work. I have the intel processor. But gets me is why does dps program fine, but the techline does notantus wrote:yeah, im thinking that too, more likely a virtualisation problem than because its a mac, though the new m1 macs are a pain for x86 emulation, too. im not a mac expert but maybe running windows on it directly would help too. i have used a macbook pro for a lot of tuning stuff but I used bootcamp and ran win 10 on it native for that.
-
julespatch
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
Here you go. Win10 on VM Fusion, MBP Retina with Tactrix as the interface.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
That’s really great thanks for that!!
Mmm wonder why mine won’t work?
So I just discovered something maybe I need to drop can on different pins as per mongoose pro?
Mmm wonder why mine won’t work?
So I just discovered something maybe I need to drop can on different pins as per mongoose pro?
-
julespatch
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
I used my old MBP with Windows VM's and dual boot until about a year ago and never had any issues. It only got replaced cos it died after 12+ years of proper battering and they are ridiculously priced compared to back then, plus USB-C only etc.
I dont have a Mongoose but Im fairly confident that's not your issue, its a Techline error.
I dont have a Mongoose but Im fairly confident that's not your issue, its a Techline error.
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
julespatch wrote:I used my old MBP with Windows VM's and dual boot until about a year ago and never had any issues. It only got replaced cos it died after 12+ years of proper battering and they are ridiculously priced compared to back then, plus USB-C only etc.
I dont have a Mongoose but Im fairly confident that's not your issue, its a Techline error.
Mmm yeah ok, wish I knew how to fix it pain dragging my desktop to the vehicle lol!
I have successfully used gds2 with the MacBook though and dps works.
Is there a driver I could swap from dps to techline?
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
From anecdotal evidence ive heard techline sps is a buggy piece of crap and some older installs have come out broken and needed manual fixes to get it going again. I think its possible if not likely that you just got unlucky and installed it on the wrong day and now you have a broken install. I reckon if you uninstall it, or even reinstall your vm environment and try again it might just start working. I still dont think its a mac problem.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
julespatch
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:28 am
- Location: Adelaide
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
It's definitely not a Mac problem.
Make a new VM and start again.
Make a new VM and start again.
-
Tazzi
- Posts: 3626
- Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:53 am
- cars: VE SS Ute
- Location: WA
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
This right here... ^^^antus wrote:From anecdotal evidence ive heard techline sps is a buggy piece of crap and some older installs have come out broken and needed manual fixes to get it going again. I think its possible if not likely that you just got unlucky and installed it on the wrong day and now you have a broken install. I reckon if you uninstall it, or even reinstall your vm environment and try again it might just start working. I still dont think its a mac problem.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726

-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Gm techline sps with MacBook Air help
Sorry been busy with a new member of the family:) Anyway I will try a reinstall when I get time.