REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah it's more the other end I'm worried about getting the 32pin dip to connect to it, the floppy cable I have are 34 but just strip the 2 end wires off & move from end on floppy connector so red wire is 2 back from front.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by The1 »

here's the ecu with PLCC Socket soldered, then PLCC to DIP adapter.

I wonder if a floppy cable connected to my 32pin Burner adapter would work for ostrich? I also havn't tried a nvram yet in the socket to see if that would make realtime possible.

The adapter i found is expensive, about $110 as postage is very expensive from the US.

https://epboard.com/eproducts/cusadapter.htm

You have to do custom order for DIP-32 to PLCC-32 IC Part number. E32-0035
PXL_20230703_132332378.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by antus »

The nvram is a different pinout, but if you made up a pcb that adapts the pins, like the pcm nvram board does, then it should work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by The1 »

Yeh I'd just mount it on a memcal to burner adapter
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I had a quick look today & should be reasonably easy to solder the 32 ribbon wires to the 32dip clip adapter, so I’ll try that first!
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by The1 »

I thought ostrich just had a dip to plug into the socket?
Ken
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by Ken »

The1 wrote:Yeh I'd just mount it on a memcal to burner adapter
That was my thought when I saw the ribbon soldered to the board.
You can find them on Ebay listed as PLCC emulator adapter.
Soldering a plcc chip mount to the board is probably a stronger long term solution.
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

It would be so much easier if I could find where to buy this…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10013
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by antus »

It would not be impossible to make one, strip back the last 2 or 3 cm of each cable, cut every second one short, strip and tin the last 2 mm and stick some pins to solder to or solder direct to the top of a DIP socket. Then could epoxy or super glue over the top of that to hold it solid.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah I think thats going to be the easiest way! THANKS