Dang, them "Dupont" wires aren't very big, but they look freaking HUGE on those terminals!
Mike
USB BDM NT
-
MudDuck514
- Posts: 402
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:30 pm
- cars: 2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE
LD9 2.4l I4, 4T40E
2005 Chevrolet Venture
LA1 3400 V6, 4T65E - Location: North TX, USA
-
darkman5001
- Posts: 275
- Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:15 pm
- cars: 2005 Yukon, 2004 Suburban, 2001 Tahoe, 2002 Envoy, 2006 Envoy, 2003 Lincoln LS
- Location: New Jersey, USA
Re: USB BDM NT
Great job Antus.
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: USB BDM NT
Previously posted P08 BDM connections are incorrect, here is a verified correct one, on the backside of the board so you only have to pull the cover!
-Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: USB BDM NT
Antus,
You still have the image of the Vpp hookup for the P08, for some reason I'm not getting Vpp enabled on my hookups and it's failing to write.
Thought maybe it was my pin out, so I went to yours, still the same issue.
Want to try it with a manual Vpp hookup.
-Enjoy
You still have the image of the Vpp hookup for the P08, for some reason I'm not getting Vpp enabled on my hookups and it's failing to write.
Thought maybe it was my pin out, so I went to yours, still the same issue.
Want to try it with a manual Vpp hookup.
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: USB BDM NT
You have to pull the pcm out of the case and install the two bridges on the other side for those pins to work. Once that's in place, you are OK from the back. If you use the T08.xml I provided VPP should work. If it doesn't for some reason then connect VPP to the VPP pin of the intel flash chip, or the nearest via to that pin. It is recommended to use a 100 ohm resistor in line with your 12v for safety when doing this, but you can go direct if your voltage is low enough to not damage the chip (I have used 12.5v direct with success but I was not prepared to risk my hardware and test with higher voltages).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: USB BDM NT
I know how to follow instructions, Vpp from the xml is not working ... I was hoping you would be helpful and post or pm me the Vpp location so I didn't have to find it considering you already did ... Guess I was wrong!
-Enjoy
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: USB BDM NT
No I didn't need it and I didn't record it. I've just entered my day job lunch break so I will make one up for you.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: USB BDM NT
Here it is. This is service number 09356249. Is yours a different service number?
I see you have connected to the chip side of the bridge vias. I wonder if bridging those pads for BDM is what enables the 12v VPP circuit BDM control somehow. I did not test without those pads bridged, I just did it and have left it connected. It seems unlikely, but I'd expect you to get the same results.
I see you have connected to the chip side of the bridge vias. I wonder if bridging those pads for BDM is what enables the 12v VPP circuit BDM control somehow. I did not test without those pads bridged, I just did it and have left it connected. It seems unlikely, but I'd expect you to get the same results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
Gampy
- Posts: 2332
- Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Re: USB BDM NT
Thank you, Yes and No on the service number, I do have a pile of them ...
You said you already did it or I wouldn't have asked!
-Enjoy
You said you already did it or I wouldn't have asked!
-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!
If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: USB BDM NT
Has anyone had a go at BDM on the E54? I managed to make a brick after getting pcmhammer full working for recovery flash, but failed to uncomment some required code and the PCM is now not responding. I see what I missed in the kernel code and am pretty sure what I have will work but need to recover my E54 for test before posting publicly. I think the connections are the same as the P01/P08 etc and I am getting data back from the CPU, but not getting the flash in to command mode and dont want to have to mess around trying to rebuild the right init sequence from the firmware to create a usbbdmnt xml file if someone knows and is happy to share.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396