Hi Everyone,
I recently acquired a Tech1 Scan Tool. Have been playing around with it the last couple days and everything seems to work fine.
But I came across 2 issues.
When I Enter 'Engine Function Tests', and perform a Wiring Harness Test, it comes up with 'TEST FAILED ECT SENSOR CIRCUIT FAULT INDICATED'.
Today I realised the same can be done in the Transmission Function Tests, but it also comes up with 'TEST FAILED TFT SENSOR CIRCUIT FAULT INDICATED'.
I have looked at the wiring diagram for both sensors,
The ECT sensor gets voltage from B5 and earths at E16.
The TFT sensor gets voltage from B6 and earths at F16.
I have also tried a different ECU and I still get the same fault.
Would anyone know what might be going on here?
Could it be the Tech1 tool that is faulty (even though everything else seems to work)? Or maybe an Earth issue somewhere?
P.S. the car is a VS Calais L67 with a factory ecu.
Tech1 Wiring Harness Test Failed!! ECT and TFT Circuit Fault
-
admir87
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:09 pm
- cars: VS Calais
Tech1 Wiring Harness Test Failed!! ECT and TFT Circuit Fault
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Tech1 Wiring Harness Test Failed!! ECT and TFT Circuit F
i can't remember it maybe required to test without the sensor plugged in im not sure. Does test pass without sensor plugged in?
-
The1
- Posts: 4852
- Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am
Re: Tech1 Wiring Harness Test Failed!! ECT and TFT Circuit F
Found something, not much but might help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.