REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Yeah when VL400 wired it direct to PCM when it worked the floppy cable length had to be shorter than 30cm… possibly even 20cm…but can’t be 100% sure
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by The1 »

It's currently at 22cm for ribbon length.

The g6 adapter just looks like a bank switching 128k on a 4mbit eeprom, so shouldn't make a difference.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by Wade »

My moats ostrich and g6 adapter is still in my brothers car from when I tuned it like 5-6yrs ago 😂👌. One day I’ll get around to putting a sst into it. I’m surprised you guys are trying to use the ostrich. Wouldn’t it be easier to use a nvram ?
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by The1 »

Few tuners still use ostrich, so there's a need for an adapter, ill try some short jumper wires on weekend and see if that helps.

Im not sure who has the designs for the nvram, but all they'd need to do is change the socket header on the bottom into a plcc adapter, it's not cheap but this is what i used here. Other than that it just needs the code added to the enhanced mod to support realtime which i could do.

https://au.rs-online.com/web/p/ic-socke ... c078013ec6
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by Rhysk94 »

Still super keen to purchase one!
Amount of flash based ecu cars I tune a week makes life hell having to bench flash it after every dyno run 🤣😅
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by Wade »

Yeah I’d be keen on a nvram for the flash pcm’s. Be nice to have the diagram and try to make up a few pcb’s and send it all off to be soldered. I guess if you got it working and sent off pcms in bulk, would cut down on costs ?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

I wonder if the slight corrosion on my ostrich is causing interference & issues… I know it worked fine on a vx L67 memcal ecu a month or so ago fine!
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by Wade »

Once I get my one back out of my brothers car, I can send it over if you like getrag ?
VX L67 Getrag
Posts: 2971
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Bayside, Melbourne, Victoria

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Ah thanks for offer, but The1 has mine for testing at the moment so it was just something I thought to mention toward him.
User avatar
Rhysk94
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS
Location: Perth

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by Rhysk94 »

Wade wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:31 am Once I get my one back out of my brothers car, I can send it over if you like getrag ?
Want to sell it wade? 🤣