I downloaded it from this thread
viewtopic.php?t=8409
Can anyone tell me how much trans slip rpm is considered normal? Im wondering if I'm chasing a dead end
4th gear is probably the worst sitting around 20 rpm while cruising
T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
-
Hobo
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 am
- cars: Alloytec rodeo and bf Falcon
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
why didnt u just get a 6l50e tune file flashed in?
-
Hobo
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 am
- cars: Alloytec rodeo and bf Falcon
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
I'm running an early alloytec on an e67 ecu. I couldn't find a 6l50 calibration that would work with a pre 2010 e67. And there aren't any V6 calibrations after that 2010 canbus communication changeover period...if that makes sense
Using the corvette calibration with a front wheel drive Buick enclave e67 works suprisingly well just trying to get it perfect but maybe it's as good as it's gonna get. Especially with a 4.7:1 rodeo diff ratio
Also I realised that a negative number I'm seeing in the scanner is not actually slip it's the opposite..more rpm at the output shaft than there should be. I think I'm wasting my time chasing this. Has been interesting learning exercise though
Using the corvette calibration with a front wheel drive Buick enclave e67 works suprisingly well just trying to get it perfect but maybe it's as good as it's gonna get. Especially with a 4.7:1 rodeo diff ratio
Also I realised that a negative number I'm seeing in the scanner is not actually slip it's the opposite..more rpm at the output shaft than there should be. I think I'm wasting my time chasing this. Has been interesting learning exercise though
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
if you can give us the OS/Cal numbers your using. I can probably take a look to see what can id's are available.
Even in the 2010 tcm stuff there is support for some of the older ecu can id's. Might be easier going down that path.
Even in the 2010 tcm stuff there is support for some of the older ecu can id's. Might be easier going down that path.
-
Hobo
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 am
- cars: Alloytec rodeo and bf Falcon
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
So im using calibrations:
Engine 12626281
Trans 24251030
I attached the bins. i dont have an XDF for the engine bin so im not sure if it has exported properly
Engine 12626281
Trans 24251030
I attached the bins. i dont have an XDF for the engine bin so im not sure if it has exported properly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
do u have the original 6l50e os?
-
Hobo
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 am
- cars: Alloytec rodeo and bf Falcon
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
I will see if I can dig up the techm I pulled out of it and do a read on it
-
Hobo
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 am
- cars: Alloytec rodeo and bf Falcon
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
Here is the bin out of the original 6l50 tehcm. os 24256125
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Tre-Cool
- Posts: 533
- Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:17 am
- cars: VY SS UTE, VX Drag Car
- Location: Perth
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
well ecu was easy to work out, it has the same can id's as e38 os 12612381 & the memory locations for all the can stuff are in the exact same spot too.
it should be possible to just make the 24256125 calibration work with the ecu. I'm curious to know if you tried this & what error you got. There is nothing that really stands out between the 2 different tcm can TX id's. there is some slight differences in RX, but as you can see in the screen shots the ECU is not sending data out on them. I highlighted the 320 can id because I KNOW that this is required to be turned on to make an 09 tcm talk to an early 06-08 ecu.
The older tcm os also has a few more devices index's configured to the ecm then the newer os too. Dave
it should be possible to just make the 24256125 calibration work with the ecu. I'm curious to know if you tried this & what error you got. There is nothing that really stands out between the 2 different tcm can TX id's. there is some slight differences in RX, but as you can see in the screen shots the ECU is not sending data out on them. I highlighted the 320 can id because I KNOW that this is required to be turned on to make an 09 tcm talk to an early 06-08 ecu.
The older tcm os also has a few more devices index's configured to the ecm then the newer os too. Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Hobo
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:14 am
- cars: Alloytec rodeo and bf Falcon
Re: T43 TCM Finding gear ratios in .bin
Wow awesome. I never actually tried the 6l50 TCM because everything I could find out about it said it wouldn't work so I actually bought a 6l80 TCM and flashed the corvette os onto it to test before I bought a 6l50
Even with the corvette os I had to disable the u0100 u0101 codes in the ecu and TCM to get it to work at all which annoyed me
I would love to know more about the screenshots. I see some have things like illegalMsgRcvObj any chance of a little bit of an explanation? Or point me to some info somewhere?
Hopefully on the weekend I can get time to drop the TCM out and swap it over to try
Even with the corvette os I had to disable the u0100 u0101 codes in the ecu and TCM to get it to work at all which annoyed me
I would love to know more about the screenshots. I see some have things like illegalMsgRcvObj any chance of a little bit of an explanation? Or point me to some info somewhere?
Hopefully on the weekend I can get time to drop the TCM out and swap it over to try