VN-VP Kickdown Cable

For non EFI mechanical discussion
Stag76
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am
cars: Triumph TR7 - fitted with VT EcoTec+4l60e Auto
Triumph TR7 fitted with L27+TH700 (WIP)

VN-VP Kickdown Cable

Post by Stag76 »

Are the kickdown cables for the VN-VP V6 and V8 TH700 the same item or different.
I can only find V8 ones listed for sale, and I require one for a V6.
VK_3800
Posts: 578
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:15 am
cars: SS Torana
Location: NZ

Re: VN-VP Kickdown Cable

Post by VK_3800 »

I don't believe there's any difference in travel, the overall length is likely different to suit the throttle body position on the engine.
Stag76
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am
cars: Triumph TR7 - fitted with VT EcoTec+4l60e Auto
Triumph TR7 fitted with L27+TH700 (WIP)

Re: VN-VP Kickdown Cable

Post by Stag76 »

I've been looking for a while, and there are plenty of V8 cables for sale, but not a single V6 one.
I was hoping they were interchangeable, or at least be able to be modified to fit.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: VN-VP Kickdown Cable

Post by delcowizzid »

Will just be longer to reach front throttle position
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Stag76
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:46 am
cars: Triumph TR7 - fitted with VT EcoTec+4l60e Auto
Triumph TR7 fitted with L27+TH700 (WIP)

Re: VN-VP Kickdown Cable

Post by Stag76 »

Thanks for that.