Merry Christmas

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Wade »

My oldest son they teach programming and 3D printing at his school. So I started teaching him how to use an Arduino and we watched #5 😂 I think he’s hooked and wants to build one now lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by vlad01 »

Wade wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2024 8:55 am they take days to 3D print 😂 and unless you can find the files online, using CAD is very time consuming as well.
Yeah that's why I never got into this, I am decent in 2D cad only because I was forced with the career I was in (over 12 years in CNC flat bed cutter service engineering roll), but 3D is way over my head and I don't think I'll learn at any rate able to satisfy my own needs :lol: I fell into the same trap with welding and ended up selling all my TIG gear some 5-6 years after buying it all and having shown nothing for it :wall: :comp:
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by immortality »

Wade wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2024 9:00 am My oldest son they teach programming and 3D printing at his school. So I started teaching him how to use an Arduino and we watched #5 😂 I think he’s hooked and wants to build one now lol.
Nice!

I just got my first Arduino, working on making a DC motor controller for a car project. I feel it's the start of something that will snowball....

Hopefully Mr25 will have his own house in the next few months and I can repurpose a room at home and create a proper workspace for all this stuff.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Wade »

It’s all fun. Many long hours head scratching but rewarding when you figure it all out 🤘
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by Wade »

Found all this stuff online. The jig’s are a copy of a sloppy mechanics ls turbo manifold. I chucked it in cad and done a mirror version of it to mount the turbo on the other side. Might come in handy one day. Just wish I could weld better 😂
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
The1
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:23 am

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by The1 »

hope everyone had a good christmas and new year.

Good work on the 3d printing. It's such a handy machine for all kinds of things. Im not big on cad, i actually just do alot in either tinkercad for simple stuff or blender once you get your head around the modes and commands.

Id be looking at bambu labs for 3d printers now there speed and quality for FDM is near resin like due to the exhaustive calibration process on them now, also the auto feeders are nice.
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by delcowizzid »

I print a full build plate of 9 or 12 bends at a time doesn't take too long to get a heap of bends together .last night I drew up a bcm box to mount my bcm in the starlet properly.if you hate slow printing don't get I.to printing tpu haha.
20250102_194046.jpg
20250105_195942.jpg
20250105_144208.jpg
20250106_111558.jpg
20250106_111615.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by delcowizzid »

Been in full production on 3/16 brake hose brackets and 3/8 fuel line brackets and cable tie mounts lol printing 40 of each
20250106_121132.jpg
20250106_121211.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
delcowizzid
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:38 am
Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Location: Wellington NZ

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by delcowizzid »

Bcm case 3d print here if anyone wants it https://m.crealitycloud.com/en/model-de ... 842d88a0a8
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by vlad01 »

My partner bought me a yellow, well actually technically an amber laser pointer for xmas :lol:

Some of the rarer exotic colours I find interesting, and this amber one 593 or so nm uses some funky quantum mechanical voodoo that produces the yellow via a conversion of two peak IR wavelengths from another shorter IR pump diode, one is a crystal that converts the IR from one to the two IRs, then another crystal that doubles those two as combo of the two IR peaks. So like a multi stage solid state pumped laser.

If you have a decent understating of quantum principals, this laser is full of cool and weird quantum effects of different types.

This is very similar to how older type green lasers work, but green is much simpler as it's IR straight into a frequency doubler crystal that lases at the green wavelength.

I bought myself last year a nice 405nm straight diode type UV laser and I love this thing! So many interesting and useful discoveries I've had with such a concentrated powerful narrow band UV source. :thumbup: