Feels like an easy 13 is in it with better traction. I lowered it all round with adjustable tein shocks in back i didn't really get those dialled in at all during day so gave up and just hotlapped it took passengers for rides and ran mid 14's for rest of day.
Cracked drivers side manifold so had to pull that and weld it back up its all back to steet mode again and running OK, think it would love a new timing chain as its bit rattly.
Muncies vy Turbo v6
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
I’ve watched a couple videos of this thing online now. Well done mate. Great content. I love the fact you’ve built it yourself and you’re having a go. Looking forward to see how far you go with it 
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
I'd say i 60% know what im doing now lots to learn but it works runs with a safe tune and drives almost completely normal.
I actually blew my Turbo up just after my Drag Day event, I was bit heart broken but just forked out for a new GTX3584RS Gen 3 pretty much straight away.
New turbo spools up quicker moves more air and I really need to go back through my tune I've changed a few things but it's not quite where I'd like it, it absolutely rocks when on boost the transition area in map is in need of a few tweaks.
I actually blew my Turbo up just after my Drag Day event, I was bit heart broken but just forked out for a new GTX3584RS Gen 3 pretty much straight away.
New turbo spools up quicker moves more air and I really need to go back through my tune I've changed a few things but it's not quite where I'd like it, it absolutely rocks when on boost the transition area in map is in need of a few tweaks.
-
hsv08
- Posts: 564
- Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 8:50 am
- cars: Just an ordinary VY Maloo.. 😜
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
That’s awesome man. Where are you based? Are you running on meremere?
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Hey im based in Waikato so Meremere is my go to but I'd love to try out some roll racing at Hampton downs.hsv08 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2025 9:09 am That’s awesome man. Where are you based? Are you running on meremere?
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Just finishing up a semi built bottom end for this its a ring gapped rebuilt 30.over L67 bottom end i got off to a false start using a low key engine that lasted a single trip around block it never saw boost in gear. So the next engine build got started quicker then expected.
New bottom end is ARP Everything top end has studs MLS gaskets ported heads stock cam for now because im broke after building 2 engines in Quick succession. Got the GEN 3 PSR3584RS Turbo and 60mm gate still oh and trans is copped a high stall.
New bottom end is ARP Everything top end has studs MLS gaskets ported heads stock cam for now because im broke after building 2 engines in Quick succession. Got the GEN 3 PSR3584RS Turbo and 60mm gate still oh and trans is copped a high stall.
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
Nice.
What pistons are you using?
What pistons are you using?
-
Muncie
- Posts: 231
- Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:15 am
- cars: Vy commodore, Turbo Ecotec v6
- Location: New Zealand Waikato
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
New stock Mahle I cant justify going forged for what I'll be doing with it the trans will give up well before the pistons and rods do.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Muncies vy Turbo v6
L36 or L67 rods?