Vy commodore
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Chinese war whistle arrived. Intercooler I’ll be running is just a cheap Aeroflow 600x300x75 deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
I’ve had this used trans cooler in storage, that I picked up with a new one. Brought the new one to use as a steering cooler on 4wd and this one was a used one chucked in for free. I’m sure the 60e will love me for it 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
I’d like to try use pin c8 now that it’s there in the new code to hook up a map sensor to monitor boost pressure, just like I did last time. And I’d like to re visit this little arduino project. It’s a boost controller that uses a n75 valve, tps, boost pressure and emp to adjust boost. When I was testing it last the lcd screen was flickering, but I’m pretty sure it’s just in the code. It’s updating all the time, so need to write in to only update where it’s needed and when there is actually a change. Hopefully that fixes it.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vy commodore
Love it
Watching this build with great interest
Watching this build with great interest
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
Cheers mate 
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
https://youtube.com/shorts/jasVcoES1jo? ... hapi39qzd- These guys actually got it working better then me. But you can kinda get the idea of it. I have played with the vnt on my 4x4 and got that 1 to 1 and yeah, real eye opener. It’s stuff I already knew. But after actually testing imp vs emp and then adjusting WOW.
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
As they say, engine is just an air pump. Now imagine you’ve got a 1 to 2 ratio. 15psi on the intake and 30psi on the exhaust. Air is lazy. When you’re in the city and it’s really windy, you turn the corner and no more wind yeah? Now imagine 15psi one way and 30psi the way! Which way do you think it wants to go? You make the same power and torque with less effort.
-
Gareth
- Posts: 2678
- Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
- Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic
Re: Vy commodore
That is pretty bloody cool!!Wade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2025 4:43 am https://youtube.com/shorts/jasVcoES1jo? ... hapi39qzd- These guys actually got it working better then me. But you can kinda get the idea of it. I have played with the vnt on my 4x4 and got that 1 to 1 and yeah, real eye opener. It’s stuff I already knew. But after actually testing imp vs emp and then adjusting WOW.
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
-
Wade
- Posts: 1229
- Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
- cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport
Re: Vy commodore
It is. What I’m hoping for is response without the high emp. Try and get the wastegate spring pressure just right and then let the Arduino control boost off emp rather than imp.