Vy commodore

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Chinese war whistle arrived. Intercooler I’ll be running is just a cheap Aeroflow 600x300x75 deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

I’ve had this used trans cooler in storage, that I picked up with a new one. Brought the new one to use as a steering cooler on 4wd and this one was a used one chucked in for free. I’m sure the 60e will love me for it 👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

I’d like to try use pin c8 now that it’s there in the new code to hook up a map sensor to monitor boost pressure, just like I did last time. And I’d like to re visit this little arduino project. It’s a boost controller that uses a n75 valve, tps, boost pressure and emp to adjust boost. When I was testing it last the lcd screen was flickering, but I’m pretty sure it’s just in the code. It’s updating all the time, so need to write in to only update where it’s needed and when there is actually a change. Hopefully that fixes it.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

👌
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Gareth »

Love it :thumbup:

Watching this build with great interest
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

Cheers mate 😎
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

https://youtube.com/shorts/jasVcoES1jo? ... hapi39qzd- These guys actually got it working better then me. But you can kinda get the idea of it. I have played with the vnt on my 4x4 and got that 1 to 1 and yeah, real eye opener. It’s stuff I already knew. But after actually testing imp vs emp and then adjusting WOW.
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

As they say, engine is just an air pump. Now imagine you’ve got a 1 to 2 ratio. 15psi on the intake and 30psi on the exhaust. Air is lazy. When you’re in the city and it’s really windy, you turn the corner and no more wind yeah? Now imagine 15psi one way and 30psi the way! Which way do you think it wants to go? You make the same power and torque with less effort.
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Gareth »

Wade wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2025 4:43 am https://youtube.com/shorts/jasVcoES1jo? ... hapi39qzd- These guys actually got it working better then me. But you can kinda get the idea of it. I have played with the vnt on my 4x4 and got that 1 to 1 and yeah, real eye opener. It’s stuff I already knew. But after actually testing imp vs emp and then adjusting WOW.
That is pretty bloody cool!! :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Vy commodore

Post by Wade »

It is. What I’m hoping for is response without the high emp. Try and get the wastegate spring pressure just right and then let the Arduino control boost off emp rather than imp.