Just reviving an old thread, so it's fair to say full PCM cloning is still not possible to gain access below 0x10000?
I was working on something but had put it on ICE, I may revisit this again.
Ford Bin file
-
abs351
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:22 am
- cars: Too many
-
oldtinfords
- Posts: 49
- Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:22 am
Re: Ford Bin file
hjtrbo has been chasing this pretty hard too & the answer was "It's not possible".abs351 wrote: Fri Apr 25, 2025 11:58 pm Just reviving an old thread, so it's fair to say full PCM cloning is still not possible to gain access below 0x10000?
I was working on something but had put it on ICE, I may revisit this again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: Ford Bin file
I've heard rumours of it been done. Nothing public obviously. Needs a case split open and some reversing
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10012
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Ford Bin file
Agree, need to figure out what chip its on first, then look at what it'll take to program it. May need to be removed from the pcm, or maybe not. Or maybe a custom kernel will be able to do it, but nobody has written such a thing and made it known yet. Maybe there is a debug port of some type on the PCB and something like usbjtagnt with a custom config might be able to do it. They are the likely options.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: Ford Bin file
I did reach out to the ulink dev. He was confident of access via BDM. That was under the presumption we were dealing with a MPC565 processor
-
hjtrbo
- Posts: 353
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 am
- cars: VF2 R8 LSA
FG XR6T
HJ Ute w/RB25DET
Re: Ford Bin file
The rumour I heard was it was been done without splitting the case open. If true, it must be possible to get it into a boot mode or similar via the external case pins.
-
abs351
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:22 am
- cars: Too many
Re: Ford Bin file
Hi team,
Here is a post of what I have done already.
viewtopic.php?t=8306
I have been doing some digging. thanks to CHATGPT, if you are interested.
https://chatgpt.com/share/680d891a-3178 ... d3df809d4c
I have spent a few hrs. this morning.. I'm a hardware guy , chatGPT is amazing..lol
Here is a post of what I have done already.
viewtopic.php?t=8306
I have been doing some digging. thanks to CHATGPT, if you are interested.
https://chatgpt.com/share/680d891a-3178 ... d3df809d4c
I have spent a few hrs. this morning.. I'm a hardware guy , chatGPT is amazing..lol
-
abs351
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:22 am
- cars: Too many
Re: Ford Bin file
LOl i asked this yesterday @ HJturbo ..lololdtinfords wrote: Sat Apr 26, 2025 12:28 amhjtrbo has been chasing this pretty hard too & the answer was "It's not possible".abs351 wrote: Fri Apr 25, 2025 11:58 pm Just reviving an old thread, so it's fair to say full PCM cloning is still not possible to gain access below 0x10000?
I was working on something but had put it on ICE, I may revisit this again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
stevehoc
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue May 20, 2025 8:24 am
- cars: XR6
Re: Ford Bin file
Hi, so is it simply a matter of getting PCMFlash and the dongle with module 21 and it will unlock the ecu in a Falcon, just like pcmtec?f4ordy wrote: Fri Mar 07, 2025 6:55 am PCMflash module 21 USA Ford will read & write bin files on BA-FGX PCM's & calculate checksums. Use any J2534 cable with 18v feps
Use the USA Mustang Spanish Oak 1MB option for BF-FGX PCM's
Aston Martin Spanish Oak PCM's are not listed but supported using this option
Use the US Black Oak 1472kb option for BA Black Oak PCM's
If you want to write the entire file from 0x10000 including the VID block in the bin file, select recovery mode before writing
Add module 29 PWM & you can read & write Ford EEC-V PCM's including Australian models
![]()
-
f4ordy
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Mon May 13, 2024 4:05 am
- Location: South Australia
Re: Ford Bin file
It really can't be compared to PCMtec. They are 2 completely different tools.stevehoc wrote: Tue Aug 19, 2025 5:06 am
Hi, so is it simply a matter of getting PCMFlash and the dongle with module 21 and it will unlock the ecu in a Falcon, just like pcmtec?
PCMflash will read & output to a bin file & write a bin file back. The bin files don't display in a user friendly format for tuning & are useless to the majority of the population.
If you look at the almost 70 pages of the thread where PCMtec started from, you will see it started with a few people hacking to get a bin file extracted, then reverse engineering the bin files & onto software developement to display the engine calibration area in a user friendly interface. I'm sure I've seen Rolls say somehwere that there were thousands of hours in the developement for Falcon platform alone.
Here's a link to a Falcon bin file if you've never seen one.
download/file.php?id=35886
Last edited by f4ordy on Tue Aug 19, 2025 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.