Vt L67 rich 1st gear
-
Leoresssiii
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2025 6:56 am
- cars: Vt spac L67
Re: Vt L67 rich 1st gear
tensioner seems ok, belt feels tight.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt L67 rich 1st gear
With the smaller pulleys belt wrap becomes a issue and more so a problem with the 6 rib belts. I put a 8 rib on a 3.2" pulley. I was still getting belt squeal with a 6 rib and belts on really tight so I went to a 8 rib and new tensioner. Initially I thought it was the main belt causing the belt noise, I went through a number of belts till I figured out it was the blower belt.
-
Leoresssiii
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2025 6:56 am
- cars: Vt spac L67
Re: Vt L67 rich 1st gear
would you recommend a belt wrap kit? https://zzperformance.com/products/belt ... -uNqJEoasr
Something like this? more of a cheaper option than an 8 rib setup
Something like this? more of a cheaper option than an 8 rib setup
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Vt L67 rich 1st gear
I can't advise as I've never used one. On my mates L67 with 2.8" pulley it seemed reasonably happy with the 8 rib belt but he too was considering the extra support pulley before he actually swapped the car for a different project. Now we are going back down the turbo route again.