6L80

E38 E92 and many others. Approximately 2007 and newer
V8fan
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm
cars: Astro VAN

6L80

Post by V8fan »

Anybody tried to open it ?
MPC001
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

Re: 6L80

Post by MPC001 »

V8fan wrote: Sat Jun 28, 2025 5:05 pm Anybody tried to open it ?
You mean pull the pan off the trans or get inside a T43?
V8fan
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm
cars: Astro VAN

Re: 6L80

Post by V8fan »

MPC001 wrote: Sun Jun 29, 2025 1:56 am
V8fan wrote: Sat Jun 28, 2025 5:05 pm Anybody tried to open it ?
You mean pull the pan off the trans or get inside a T43?
I mean read -tune-write
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 6L80

Post by ironduke »

IO prog can read and write them, there's been some work here on them. Universal patcher can open the bins but I think it only has DTC's mapped out, no tables or tcc slip.. I did some work on my old truck for that particular OS, If I find the xml work I can post it up. I was just changing something in another software package and seeing what changed in the bin when I read it back, real slow work..
V8fan
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:27 pm
cars: Astro VAN

Re: 6L80

Post by V8fan »

ironduke wrote: Sun Jun 29, 2025 9:24 pm IO prog can read and write them,
Expensive thing
Even clone from ali costs similar to HPT
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 6L80

Post by ironduke »

Yes but no licenses or credits.. can use the factory kernel with a j2534 device to write OS or calibration segments if you roll your own code..
User avatar
Knackersjewels
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner
Location: Maffra, Vic

Re: 6L80

Post by Knackersjewels »

Hptuners and efilive work fine with them.