I have two MDI2's, and both have issues with kline modules via tech2.
Works fine on a MD1 though... sometimes newer is not always better

When you refer to "kline" (I've heard the term, just not on a GM), are you referring to the VPW/Class 2 bus on Pin 2?Tazzi wrote: Tue Jul 29, 2025 12:18 pm Wait till he needs to use tech2win with a kline module on the MDI2... still waiting on a response on that one via bosch and techline.
I have two MDI2's, and both have issues with kline modules via tech2.
Works fine on a MD1 though... sometimes newer is not always better![]()
Kline, as in ISO9141 (Pin 7 and 15) or KWP2000 (Pin 7)cobra30689 wrote: Wed Jul 30, 2025 1:15 amWhen you refer to "kline" (I've heard the term, just not on a GM), are you referring to the VPW/Class 2 bus on Pin 2?Tazzi wrote: Tue Jul 29, 2025 12:18 pm Wait till he needs to use tech2win with a kline module on the MDI2... still waiting on a response on that one via bosch and techline.
I have two MDI2's, and both have issues with kline modules via tech2.
Works fine on a MD1 though... sometimes newer is not always better![]()

If the US has ever had kline on a gm vehicle it would had to have been before we were programming modules.. I was wondering what kline was too, lol..Tazzi wrote: Wed Jul 30, 2025 6:35 amKline, as in ISO9141 (Pin 7 and 15) or KWP2000 (Pin 7)cobra30689 wrote: Wed Jul 30, 2025 1:15 amWhen you refer to "kline" (I've heard the term, just not on a GM), are you referring to the VPW/Class 2 bus on Pin 2?Tazzi wrote: Tue Jul 29, 2025 12:18 pm Wait till he needs to use tech2win with a kline module on the MDI2... still waiting on a response on that one via bosch and techline.
I have two MDI2's, and both have issues with kline modules via tech2.
Works fine on a MD1 though... sometimes newer is not always better![]()
Pin 7 is known as "K-Line", and Pin 15 is known as "L-line"

I really should change the serial on my clone even though I have a dedicated laptop for GDS2 and another for SPS2 but it looks like a proper pain in the ass given that I know nothing about Linuxironduke wrote: Tue Jul 29, 2025 11:39 amThanks, That kind of answers my co-workers first question which was if he never programmed with it could he use it for diagnostics only.. Course I have offered many times to change the serial number on it but he just wasn't interested, no matter how many times I told him they'd lock him out he thought he was special because he's a dealer tech.. He did actually just order his own mdi2 though, shocked the heck out of me.. Now the fun part of getting his account unlocked, he's refusing to do anything and expects the sm to do it for him.. sm is asking me how to do it, lmao.. I had already handed him a printout of very short instructions on how to get started provided to me by someone from gm.Tazzi wrote: Mon Jul 28, 2025 10:43 pmSame thing, I hear about tools being banned every week, some of which are only using for GDS2/tech2win through their accounts.antus wrote: Mon Jul 28, 2025 1:16 pm Not sure, but read Tazzi's post a few above yours about it uploading logs from the system when it connects. Maybe using it with GDS2 or Tech2win was enough to get the serial in the logs.
Im guessing its an automated system which scans for specific serials and just automatically blacklists the account.