Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions

Programs / Tools / Scripts
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Any one do up a script to read Gm high speed CAN BCM, PCM or TCM memory regions? I want to try to read the eeprom memory from the BCM on a 2015 chevy trax.
gmtech825
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions

Post by gmtech825 »

her's an example of a mode 23 script for reading the tcm. keep in mind I think there's areas of eeprom that are going to get a negative response when reading with mode 23, such as immobilizer stuff.

Code: Select all

globaldelay:50
delay:500


variable:varread:4:008000000080
#loop:800
00 00 07 E2 23 varread:6:0

#variable:varread:6:+800000

#endloop
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions

Post by ironduke »

It may also error out if it's 3 byte addressing and your sending 4 or the other way around.

You might find out there's an offset, some bcm's were offset by 0x800000 I think, been a while.
I did find out that poking with mode 23 will soft brick an E90 ecm so be slightly wary.. Before you tell me I'm wrong I did it with 2 ecm's, lmao.. No other commands used other than mode 23.. I did get the flash read but the eeprom segment got erased somehow..
gmtech825
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions

Post by gmtech825 »

ironduke wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2025 12:37 pm It may also error out if it's 3 byte addressing and your sending 4 or the other way around.

You might find out there's an offset, some bcm's were offset by 0x800000 I think, been a while.
I did find out that poking with mode 23 will soft brick an E90 ecm so be slightly wary.. Before you tell me I'm wrong I did it with 2 ecm's, lmao.. No other commands used other than mode 23.. I did get the flash read but the eeprom segment got erased somehow..
i've done the same to an e90, Not sure which address i used that pissed it off though.
04colyZQ8
Posts: 536
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion

Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions

Post by 04colyZQ8 »

Ok great what about adding to the script to unlock the bcm
First? Wouldn’t it need to be unlocked?

I know the aligro table number.