Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions
Any one do up a script to read Gm high speed CAN BCM, PCM or TCM memory regions? I want to try to read the eeprom memory from the BCM on a 2015 chevy trax.
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions
her's an example of a mode 23 script for reading the tcm. keep in mind I think there's areas of eeprom that are going to get a negative response when reading with mode 23, such as immobilizer stuff.
Code: Select all
globaldelay:50
delay:500
variable:varread:4:008000000080
#loop:800
00 00 07 E2 23 varread:6:0
#variable:varread:6:+800000
#endloop-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions
It may also error out if it's 3 byte addressing and your sending 4 or the other way around.
You might find out there's an offset, some bcm's were offset by 0x800000 I think, been a while.
I did find out that poking with mode 23 will soft brick an E90 ecm so be slightly wary.. Before you tell me I'm wrong I did it with 2 ecm's, lmao.. No other commands used other than mode 23.. I did get the flash read but the eeprom segment got erased somehow..
You might find out there's an offset, some bcm's were offset by 0x800000 I think, been a while.
I did find out that poking with mode 23 will soft brick an E90 ecm so be slightly wary.. Before you tell me I'm wrong I did it with 2 ecm's, lmao.. No other commands used other than mode 23.. I did get the flash read but the eeprom segment got erased somehow..
-
gmtech825
- Posts: 301
- Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am
Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions
i've done the same to an e90, Not sure which address i used that pissed it off though.ironduke wrote: Fri Aug 15, 2025 12:37 pm It may also error out if it's 3 byte addressing and your sending 4 or the other way around.
You might find out there's an offset, some bcm's were offset by 0x800000 I think, been a while.
I did find out that poking with mode 23 will soft brick an E90 ecm so be slightly wary.. Before you tell me I'm wrong I did it with 2 ecm's, lmao.. No other commands used other than mode 23.. I did get the flash read but the eeprom segment got erased somehow..
-
04colyZQ8
- Posts: 536
- Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:41 am
- cars: 2004 Colorado 4.8L swap
86/90 Jimmy 6.5L diesel swap
80 Chevrolet Silverado TBI swap
88dodge W100 LPG conversion
Re: Universal patcher master CAN script to read memory regions
Ok great what about adding to the script to unlock the bcm
First? Wouldn’t it need to be unlocked?
I know the aligro table number.
First? Wouldn’t it need to be unlocked?
I know the aligro table number.