Interesting youtube video's...

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by psyolent »

Charlescrown wrote: Sat Apr 26, 2025 6:58 am This one is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw7BQXRSh6k
that makes me very sad, but, is not suprising.
reminds me alot of the deathbed vigil for the other Commodore (Computer) by Dave Haynie
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Charlescrown »

User avatar
psyolent
Posts: 1597
Joined: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am
cars: VT Berlina Series 2 Wago
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
SY Ford Territory
PD Hyundai nLine
SE Ford Capri
....too many fucking bikes

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by psyolent »

Often watch this guy create odd engines for bikes.
https://youtu.be/eCWPM7CmAIE?si=99Dojt3T9YHrJ1c-
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Charlescrown »

GM Engineer interview. It's a long one but very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNnKCEnwp6c
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by immortality »

Shocking isn't it? but somehow I'm not surprised.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by vlad01 »

I think this is quite relevant to our beloved ECUs/PCMs.

I watch all of the videos from this guy, if this is a bit over your head, I suggest watching a bunch of his earlier videos on semiconductors, he does the best videos on YT on the subject and a lot on the history aspect too.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpxYrmV4OCk
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Wade »

User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by antus »

Bending the Formula E rules...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--gfBRgeIZo
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Wade
Posts: 1229
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:29 pm
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Wade »

https://youtu.be/BsX5c1A9_ls?si=-ngq6k0NaTXMob2q
I wonder if this is just a sign of things to come? Years ago I started seeing multiple automotive tuning shops being targeted and fined by epa. Now I’m seeing that our government is pumping $$$$$ into the epa and all these new A.I road side cameras with noise testing equipment in them.
Charlescrown
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:58 pm
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes
Location: Padstow NSW

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Charlescrown »

I had seen this some time ago but didn't realise it affected sellers.
The RMS sends out info to car enthusiast (sorry my email is shit and can't find the latest so you can apply for emails but I will asap) and they recently targeted a car club venue at Silverwater and either defected the car or put it off the road so my guess there is an underlying vendetta taking place now against modified cars in NSW. I'm in hiding.