Interesting youtube video's...

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Gareth »

This area is for any youtube videos that you think should be shared with like minded people, this will become a great source of information and boredom killer vid's :thumbup:


[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mkQ2pXkYjRM[/youtube]
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10012
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by antus »

I picture paints a thousand words has never been more true! Watching that explains so many ways of creating mechanical movements in ~4 minutes. That would be impossible to do so quickly in text. I dont want to have to source replacement gears for some of those mechs, though!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Gareth »

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Gareth »

According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by vlad01 »

An oldie but a goodie. Posted up by our old mate Jason.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R5bBWBAjMg[/youtube]
User avatar
Gareth
Posts: 2678
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:37 am
Location: Bacchus Marsh, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Gareth »

Is that a V6 :shock:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by vlad01 »

Biggvl wrote:Is that a V6 :shock:
Yes, old VN/VP type, these were quite limited in reality due to average at best "one fits all" tune, stock 60mm TB with no manifold mods allowed and a rather weird un-optimized flat tappet cam with not a lot of lift but overly excessive duration, the cam was designed in the late 80s and left unchanged.

They produced by the time head refinement was down pat at good but not best 340hp @ around 6800 rpm and peak torque just under 5.5k of 400Nm.

With a custom large TB and elbow, ultra high compression ratio on E85, optimized theoretically smaller cam and some manifold porting for good measure I figured a result of 390Hp @ 6500 and peak torque @4.5K of about 480Nm
Dylan
Posts: 3364
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:35 am
cars: VR Commodore V8

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by Dylan »

vlad01 wrote:An oldie but a goodie. Posted up by our old mate Jason.
Jason loved those things. The tune for them is on here I think it came from him originally.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8548
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by vlad01 »

yes it did, I recall the file was called 7200 crazy spark or something lol

iirc it was just a fixed 20 odd º across the table.

EDIT: power of google finds the original file from Jason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Interesting youtube video's...

Post by immortality »

There is a write up about the development of those formula Holden engines somewhere.