Server load problems
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
It seems to be fine. Cloudflare helped a lot, I ended up letting chatgpt back in because its a well behaved bot and actually works as a good search engine to find things on the site and can link back to particular threads. The tencent bot that broke all the rules is presumably still blocked. Database is on its on its own dedicated server now, this part is new, and with the reduced load without tencent effectively sending a massive DDOS it is capable of handling many times over the legitimate traffic the site is likely to get.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Server load problems
Just minor annoyance slow downs sometimes, like clicking "I am not a robot" each time you switch between devices. All I've seen anyway.
Don't stress specific units.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Server load problems
That's fairly common on a lot of websites I frequent now, I think that is the new normal now.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Server load problems
It certainly is, many sites I have used over the last several years implemented cloudflare long ago. We are one of the ones late to the party on that one.
Cloudflare is very common on old school forums for the same reason.
I normally only get it if I take my phone or laptop to a different house, thus different internet IP etc... Within the same house I seldom have the challenge come up, even between devices.
EDIT: Unrelated but I noticed this post is my 8192nd ha!
Cloudflare is very common on old school forums for the same reason.
I normally only get it if I take my phone or laptop to a different house, thus different internet IP etc... Within the same house I seldom have the challenge come up, even between devices.
EDIT: Unrelated but I noticed this post is my 8192nd ha!
-
MPC001
- Posts: 174
- Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
Wow, 10 0000 0000 0000 posts!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8548
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Server load problems
I've ruined it now, but 8192 baud posts! Yay! You know your a nerd when seemingly random numbers are meaningful 
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Server load problems
4 digit spaces.
You sir, have been spending too much time looking at hex files.
Don't stress specific units.
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10013
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
How so?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396