Server load problems

A place For General Chit Chat Etc
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

It seems to be fine. Cloudflare helped a lot, I ended up letting chatgpt back in because its a well behaved bot and actually works as a good search engine to find things on the site and can link back to particular threads. The tencent bot that broke all the rules is presumably still blocked. Database is on its on its own dedicated server now, this part is new, and with the reduced load without tencent effectively sending a massive DDOS it is capable of handling many times over the legitimate traffic the site is likely to get.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

Just minor annoyance slow downs sometimes, like clicking "I am not a robot" each time you switch between devices. All I've seen anyway.
Don't stress specific units.
immortality
Posts: 3820
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
cars: VS,VT,VX,VE

Re: Server load problems

Post by immortality »

That's fairly common on a lot of websites I frequent now, I think that is the new normal now.
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Server load problems

Post by vlad01 »

It certainly is, many sites I have used over the last several years implemented cloudflare long ago. We are one of the ones late to the party on that one.

Cloudflare is very common on old school forums for the same reason.


I normally only get it if I take my phone or laptop to a different house, thus different internet IP etc... Within the same house I seldom have the challenge come up, even between devices.


EDIT: Unrelated but I noticed this post is my 8192nd ha! :lol:
MPC001
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:41 am

Re: Server load problems

Post by MPC001 »

vlad01 wrote: Fri Sep 19, 2025 7:10 am EDIT: Unrelated but I noticed this post is my 8192nd ha! :lol:
:thumbup: :punk:
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

Wow, 10 0000 0000 0000 posts!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
User avatar
vlad01
Posts: 8549
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
Location: Kyneton, Vic

Re: Server load problems

Post by vlad01 »

I've ruined it now, but 8192 baud posts! Yay! You know your a nerd when seemingly random numbers are meaningful :lol:
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

antus wrote: Fri Sep 19, 2025 10:05 am Wow, 10 0000 0000 0000 posts!
4 digit spaces.
You sir, have been spending too much time looking at hex files.
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
AngelMarc
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.

Re: Server load problems

Post by AngelMarc »

seems bad today
Don't stress specific units.
User avatar
antus
Site Admin
Posts: 10014
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007

Re: Server load problems

Post by antus »

How so?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396