Should be one of the later computer designs, effectively EEC-6 but there's several types. I think physically the computer should say something like PCM150 with possibly an ending on it, at least the crown vics were like that with 3 connectors (more than one ford computer type has 3 connectors so not a great identification method)ATPCR wrote: Sun Jul 20, 2025 12:07 am What kind of pcm would the 2005 to 2009 Mustang 4.0 SOHC use? Am I understand that a PATS workaround has been achieved? Something related to an Australian BA or BF Falcon? The Mustang used the long running V-6 4.0 SOHC. I was curious if that engine was used in any Aussie cars or just the I-6. Also was curious if anyone has been working on a definition file to go with the bin file from the V-6 2005 to 2009 Mustang for some bench tuning?
Ford ECM/PCM types
-
DWS
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
- cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
- Location: USA
Re: Ford ECM/PCM types
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
- Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
- Bank Swapping
- View VIN and other info about the bin file
-
ATPCR
- Posts: 23
- Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2023 1:39 pm
- cars: Many Fords from 1954 to 1999
- Location: north of Huntsville Alabama
Re: Ford ECM/PCM types
I just saw your reply. I've considered getting from Oleg in kazakhstan the module that will work with the '05 to'09 Mustang 4.0 SOHC. I need to find a more comprehensive description of the different class of pcms, names, year etc for Fords.
Currently I'm involved in a construction project and trying to make progress before winter. We can revisit this topic when we are weathered in (snowed in for you). When it gets well below freezing, we stay inside.
Currently I'm involved in a construction project and trying to make progress before winter. We can revisit this topic when we are weathered in (snowed in for you). When it gets well below freezing, we stay inside.
-
DWS
- Posts: 250
- Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:04 am
- cars: Tons of Toyotas, 2003 cavi derby car, ford trucks, etc.
- Location: USA
Re: Ford ECM/PCM types
Yea, sadly that info isn't easy to come across, about the best way I've found is to find identification patterns like EEC-V on the older computers (which isn't bullet proof logic), and look up computers on ebay to see the year ranges that had those indicators.
Flash size is a pretty big indicator it seems like, so ~07 and older I can look up and get a good idea of which generation of computer was used, but newer info I don't have.
Flash size is a pretty big indicator it seems like, so ~07 and older I can look up and get a good idea of which generation of computer was used, but newer info I don't have.
Ford EEC-V Tuner Site
- Immo Off, PATS, Security only currently
- Bank Swapping
- View VIN and other info about the bin file