2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
-
grandprixlimited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
- cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped
2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
Has everyone been able to bench flash a 2014+ BCM, I've tried new, used and they all fail with SPS. I can read and flash them with the DC706 just not with SPS
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
You need to add a terminating resistor to the CAN wires if you are just flashing the BCM only on the bench.grandprixlimited wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 1:55 pm Has everyone been able to bench flash a 2014+ BCM, I've tried new, used and they all fail with SPS. I can read and flash them with the DC706 just not with SPS
-
grandprixlimited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
- cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
My box has one built in and the pcm is connected too doesn't make a difference. I can read and flash it with the dc706 but SPS refuses to
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
I'm guessing it fails at the end when it tries to write the vin and security but can probably write the OS and cal files ok?
I've bench programmed BCM's before on the bench without issue with sps and dps working out the fast flash fix and other things..
Is it successful if you program using SPS and the vin that is in the BCM? or does it block you since it's the same calibrations?
I've bench programmed BCM's before on the bench without issue with sps and dps working out the fast flash fix and other things..
Is it successful if you program using SPS and the vin that is in the BCM? or does it block you since it's the same calibrations?
-
grandprixlimited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
- cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
Doesn't even try, fails right off the bat, I can flash everything but 2014+ BCMs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
ironduke
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
- cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
Looks like that's from a 19 corvette.. I've done trucks, think the last one was a 2015, don't remember having issues like that, sorry. Looks like the error is the bcm is refusing the block transfer request but I don't know why..
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
Step 2D seems like an odd place to error to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
grandprixlimited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
- cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
It's a 2017 vette. Every 2014+ BCM does it, I've tried trucks, cars, suv's none of them will do it, all fail at the same place, My guess is sps is looking for a module that's not there
-
radrace19
- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
- cars: Pontiac G8 GXP
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
No, I program them on the bench with no problems using SPS.
Do you have the 12v enable wired? I think it is on connector x2 and pin 4
Do you have the 12v enable wired? I think it is on connector x2 and pin 4
-
grandprixlimited
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
- cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped
Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing
no I used what customecm had for the pinout, I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. The pinout for this car shows x4-p23 Serial Data Communication Enable, I applied 12v to that pin and it still fails
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.