2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

User avatar
grandprixlimited
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped

2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by grandprixlimited »

Has everyone been able to bench flash a 2014+ BCM, I've tried new, used and they all fail with SPS. I can read and flash them with the DC706 just not with SPS
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by radrace19 »

grandprixlimited wrote: Wed Jan 07, 2026 1:55 pm Has everyone been able to bench flash a 2014+ BCM, I've tried new, used and they all fail with SPS. I can read and flash them with the DC706 just not with SPS
You need to add a terminating resistor to the CAN wires if you are just flashing the BCM only on the bench.
User avatar
grandprixlimited
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by grandprixlimited »

My box has one built in and the pcm is connected too doesn't make a difference. I can read and flash it with the dc706 but SPS refuses to
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by ironduke »

I'm guessing it fails at the end when it tries to write the vin and security but can probably write the OS and cal files ok?
I've bench programmed BCM's before on the bench without issue with sps and dps working out the fast flash fix and other things..

Is it successful if you program using SPS and the vin that is in the BCM? or does it block you since it's the same calibrations?
User avatar
grandprixlimited
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by grandprixlimited »

Doesn't even try, fails right off the bat, I can flash everything but 2014+ BCMs
Screenshot 2026-01-07 081209.png
Screenshot 2026-01-07 081121.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ironduke
Posts: 820
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:32 pm
cars: Mainly GM trucks, a Cruze and an Equinox for dailys..

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by ironduke »

Looks like that's from a 19 corvette.. I've done trucks, think the last one was a 2015, don't remember having issues like that, sorry. Looks like the error is the bcm is refusing the block transfer request but I don't know why..
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by radrace19 »

Step 2D seems like an odd place to error to me.
2d Err.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
grandprixlimited
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by grandprixlimited »

It's a 2017 vette. Every 2014+ BCM does it, I've tried trucks, cars, suv's none of them will do it, all fail at the same place, My guess is sps is looking for a module that's not there
radrace19
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:51 pm
cars: Pontiac G8 GXP

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by radrace19 »

No, I program them on the bench with no problems using SPS.
Do you have the 12v enable wired? I think it is on connector x2 and pin 4
User avatar
grandprixlimited
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:27 pm
cars: 1997 Chevy Astro BBC Swapped

Re: 2014+ GM BCM's Flashing

Post by grandprixlimited »

no I used what customecm had for the pinout, I was wondering if that had anything to do with it. The pinout for this car shows x4-p23 Serial Data Communication Enable, I applied 12v to that pin and it still fails
unnamed.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.