Junk, no auto trans control.
Still has the dfi unit.
Exact same as the old platinum range, just uses nsp software now.
Literally no better than the previous model.
They should of spent the time for the VS-VY variants at the least.
Or made it compatible with the TI4L unit to intergrate trans control into it.
Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
-
Knackersjewels
- Posts: 155
- Joined: Thu May 05, 2022 10:24 am
- cars: Stock VZ SV6
Cammed VZ SV6 (sson to be 6L45 converted and twin turbo)
VY SS L98 ute
VZ V6 AWD One Tonner - Location: Maffra, Vic
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
Should have allowed the 4l60 controller, and allowed sequential injection. Keeping it batch fire with DFI/distributor is ridiculous.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
At least the option to have LS coils and different trigger wheels i feel is a must these days, for the reasons mentioned already.
Sequential is not a deal breaker in any way, the auto side of things I would figure is nice to keep out of the main ECU but via that expansion connector or via a controller on that connector or whatever would be good if someone really wanted it. I think the good thing about this being 808 compatible is the 808 is so simple and universal already and harnesses are way easier to get for them, even new now, than the auto only PCMs.
If you wanted those, the 424 with 11P is already there and is actually more capable than the 808 in many ways already. So for them to make something dedicated like the 424 is a bit of a waste imho. You might as well go for one of their universal ECUs which defeats the purpose of this model. But the ignition side is pretty important as that is the limiting factor for these engines being this old, especially with the V8's pos ignition system that was a pos from day dot. The v6 is just the rarity of the parts now, but if it had other configurable ignition options, then both can be modernized across the broad.
I had a look at 202's Speeduino 808 replacement, it def would give this a run for it's money, it has the ability for LS coils and that's exactly what he ran. Looking at the board, I see a bluetooth provision too which I don't know if 202 had tried it, but he obviously added it there for a reason. I like that idea!
Sequential is not a deal breaker in any way, the auto side of things I would figure is nice to keep out of the main ECU but via that expansion connector or via a controller on that connector or whatever would be good if someone really wanted it. I think the good thing about this being 808 compatible is the 808 is so simple and universal already and harnesses are way easier to get for them, even new now, than the auto only PCMs.
If you wanted those, the 424 with 11P is already there and is actually more capable than the 808 in many ways already. So for them to make something dedicated like the 424 is a bit of a waste imho. You might as well go for one of their universal ECUs which defeats the purpose of this model. But the ignition side is pretty important as that is the limiting factor for these engines being this old, especially with the V8's pos ignition system that was a pos from day dot. The v6 is just the rarity of the parts now, but if it had other configurable ignition options, then both can be modernized across the broad.
I had a look at 202's Speeduino 808 replacement, it def would give this a run for it's money, it has the ability for LS coils and that's exactly what he ran. Looking at the board, I see a bluetooth provision too which I don't know if 202 had tried it, but he obviously added it there for a reason. I like that idea!
-
Rhysk94
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:25 am
- cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Competition Drift Car
VY V6 L67 Seat Time Drift Car
N80 Toyota Hilux
VZ SS - Location: Perth
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
Yup, has no individual coil option as well.
-
buzzard
- Posts: 39
- Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/105/ ... jB6ageXO-Lvlad01 wrote: Fri Jan 09, 2026 8:31 am I think those factory plugs are available somewhere, I know they are the micropak 100 series iirc. So for speeduino, a completely new ECU should be possible, unsoldering heavy duty connectors and components are a huge PITA in my experience and I'd rather start with a new plug for ease of building it.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Haltech Delco VN plug in ecu
I think I may have already posted about the connectors on 202's thread.
it's none of those connectors.
The only listing I found anywhere on the net is this breakout board that has the correct "black" connector with the right key locations.
I tried to search this type 101,102,103 mentioned on this site elsewhere and found no reference to it other than there. All the other newer key options come up elsewhere except this one. Same issue again, you'd have to unsolder it, unless they might be able to sell you one unassembled.
https://www.racetronix.biz/p/100-header ... y/rhca-001
it's none of those connectors.
The only listing I found anywhere on the net is this breakout board that has the correct "black" connector with the right key locations.
I tried to search this type 101,102,103 mentioned on this site elsewhere and found no reference to it other than there. All the other newer key options come up elsewhere except this one. Same issue again, you'd have to unsolder it, unless they might be able to sell you one unassembled.
https://www.racetronix.biz/p/100-header ... y/rhca-001