Server load problems
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Server load problems
Load times were bad, and a picture wouldn't upload.
Don't stress specific units.
-
immortality
- Posts: 3820
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:31 am
- cars: VS,VT,VX,VE
Re: Server load problems
I noticed the same yesterday.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
My ISP has had 2 planned outages in the last 2 weeks including one yesterday. They would have knocked the database offline and might have had something to do with not uploading. But I don't think that would explain low performance, though it is possible.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Server load problems
If they have some kind of slow, read only, back up for outages... I don't know.
Don't stress specific units.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Server load problems
No issues for me the last few days.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
Yep. Both outages were middle of the night local time. It makes sense our USA friends would have been more likely to be affected. I considered putting up a notification but for a site like this I thought < 1 hour and its back was more complexity than it was worth. But, you guys still noticed 
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
-
vlad01
- Posts: 8549
- Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 am
- cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2 - Location: Kyneton, Vic
Re: Server load problems
Well that explains it pretty much.antus wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2026 10:31 pm My ISP has had 2 planned outages in the last 2 weeks including one yesterday. They would have knocked the database offline and might have had something to do with not uploading. But I don't think that would explain low performance, though it is possible.
-
antus
- Site Admin
- Posts: 10014
- Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:34 am
- cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam 8psi
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B
Subaru WRX 2007
Re: Server load problems
Sorry, the site has been throttled due to hitting the bandwidth limit. Not sure if that's because of AI scrapers again/still or legit traffic. Limit will reset in a few more days, and I'll need to look in to what is going on and likely further tighten site security. Until then it is still working but performance will be down.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
-
AngelMarc
- Posts: 612
- Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:23 am
- cars: A CB450 running to 8,000RPM with a P59.
Re: Server load problems
Is image upload enough to do that? what I was doing when it happened. That would suck.
Don't stress specific units.